Temperature ?

I think it does. Especially if trying to get a good mottle when the AC is on and cooling too fast can ruin good results. I take extra care to make sure the molds are not anywhere near a vent, and cover the molds to slow the cooling process. In winter I like my house on the cool side and make sure to bump the heat up to around 70 before i start pouring. If I'm going for rustics, thats a whole different story since you pour cool anyway. ;)

So then it being so hot won't hurt anything? Thanks again

It depends on the finish you are going for. If ambient temperatures are hot, it will slow down the cooling rate. This can help if your going after mottling, or trying to minimize wet spots on a container. But it can also cause pitting if your pouring temperatures are too hot.

Cheers,

Alan:)

I agree. Especially with the dreaded wet spots, if you are working with glass containers. It also seems to affect whether or not I have to do a repour. I try to keep the house close to 70 degrees when I am pouring.

Edited because Alan beat me to it :D

Having just gone through a most humid time in the apt. alone, I'd say yes! My 1343 was to the point of being able to cut through it with a knife.

Ohh, and here I thought it was just a soft wax. I was starting to get worried :eek:

I still question what the humidity is doing :confused:

I have had to resort to putting my j223 and my j50 upstairs near the air vents....went to get some wax the other day and it all but melted in my hands. These are soft waxes anyway but still as hot and humid as it is here ....it definately makes a difference especially when the candle looks like its crying fo.