SOS RIGHT NOW, s'il vous plait

OMG, I just poured, I'm guessing at least 4 cups of melted wax down the sink (yes, I know, complete moron ... let's not belabor the obvious stupidity). What do I do? From everything I've read about others who have been equally stupid/thoughtless, I can expect to have a plumbing bill. That being said, is there anything I can do to minimize this disaster?

Been there done exact same thing.

Now try this....

Go under sink...

Put a pan under pipes 1st

Unscrew the elbow shape piece.

Hopefully most of the wax caught there.

If so You will be saved. Clean all that out real good.

Now also try to get wax out of drain coming down from sink.

I took a knife and pried at it......

So far no wax has ever gotten passed that elbow....

Good luck

Moonrose, thank you so much for the suggestion. Crap. Plumbing. I'd rather do something w/ power tools. :laugh2::cry2:

I would also like to add that it was the Astrolite M29 wax, mp 120*f.

Right after I did it, the left sink backed up. There was some wax that was sinking into the drain. So, I filled it up w/ some water to make the wax pieces float, then I covered the hole w/ a paper towel to catch the wax as the water receded.

Should I wait for the water to drain before removing the pipe?

Me, too! Cuz if I had to spend the money, I'd rather buy FOs, wax, a couple more prestos, more molds, etc, than pay a plumbing bill!

I am happy to say that I was able to remove the 'elbow' very easily. Didn't even need a tool. I can tell the drain is partially clogged. I've got some water on the stove now & a bucket under the open pipe & another close by. Because it was/is a low mp wax, I'm hoping that boiling water will melt away the excess & just leave some residual stuff on the pipe wall.

There's a song I sometimes sing to myself, for occassions like these ... "if I only had a brain I'd be real smart ..." lol.

X!@?%#)*#$ R()*()$#?<

If you have metal pipes, there's always the heat gun ;)

lol. Good idea. Part of the pipes are metal, other parts are plastic.

Better go see if the water's come to a boil.

Moonrose, I'm sorry to say there's no hubby in the picture to ream me out. In this particular case, thank God! :grin2: But it does create a scenerio in my mind ... the next time my 15 y/o makes some kind of mess, instead of yelling or bitchin', I'm just gonna take a deep breath & between clenched teeth say, "it better be cleaned/fixed/whatever by the time I get back!" lol

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger. ;)

We all make mistakes, some are more stupid than others. Live & learn, and get some love.

Eeks!! One of my prestos is right next to the sink and I'm always worried this will happen (so far just a few splatters). I hope you're able to fix it easily!!

I use the Large white plastic cutting boards from Walmart and put them over my sinks,,I use what they call Clear Bumper Self-sticking rounds on the corners of my boards to keep them from slipping and it works very well. My Presto sits by the sink too,,,I hope all goes well for you Mtngrl

I use the Large white plastic cutting boards from Walmart and put them over my sinks,,I use what they call Clear Bumper Self-sticking rounds on the corners of my boards to keep them from slipping and it works very well. My Presto sits by the sink too,,,I hope all goes well for you Mtngrl

Thanks Breanna, still working on it. Great idea. If I am fortunate enough to escape a blumbing bill, I will definately have to get a very large cutting board to cover both sides of the sink. Thanks for making the suggestion.

Moonrose, I would have been lost w/o you. Thank you so much for your initial response. I'm letting one more pot of H2O come to a boil & one last time down the drain (3 x's in all). I'm very certain that from the sink to the bottom of the elbow I'll be fine.

After I reattach the elbow, would you recommend one more pour to go thru the entire system or should I leave well enough alone? I realize I won't know the full impact of this disaster for a few days, I'm guessing. ALl things being relative, of course.

However, I just saw some footage of New Orleans under water ... now THERE'S a DISASTER. I feel bad for all those ppl whose houses are probably beyond repair.

Btw, I think I got the perfect cantaloupe color for my cucumber cantaloupe FO ... the upside to my evening ... oh, and the other 3 containers I made. :wink2:

Thanks Breanna, still working on it. Great idea. If I am fortunate enough to escape a blumbing bill, I will definately have to get a very large cutting board to cover both sides of the sink. Thanks for making the suggestion.

Don't know why but that just cracked me up:laugh2: May be a cross between a plumber and blunder?:rolleyes2

And I forgot to add...Don't tell hubby until after the fact...:D

But youwill still get ripped. See cuz men think us woman arn't smart enough to fix it so they have to go check it out.:laugh2:

This made me laugh, never thought about it... but I always find myself checking out anything that Nachelle says she went and fixed. :laugh2:

Cheers,

Alan

This made me laugh, never thought about it... but I always find myself checking out anything that Nachelle says she went and fixed. :laugh2:

Cheers,

Alan

Golly Alan! I do the same thing to my husband. Don't ask me about the lawnmower. LOL.

my 2¢...

Why mention it at all to DH brings it up...and why would he?

What's done is done.

See ya,

Donna