Easy question on wicking votives ...

Wick pin and primed, tabbed wick here too. Any special reason why you want to use raw wicking? This is probably like most areas of candle making. No absolute right or wrong just what works best for you.

Not really, just thought that if it was one less thing to do it'd be nice. :cheesy2:

Not really, just thought that if it was one less thing to do it'd be nice. :cheesy2:
If you can get your hands on some pre-made wick assemblies, you'll love them with your wick pins. Some suppliers sell them cut to votive/container size, primed and with a metal tab on the bottom. Just pop them in.

Are pre-primed & tabbed votive wicks hard to get "Down Under"?

I haven't seen any so far although one site does mention wicks of a specific length plus wick tabs so not sure if they are also primed - should be at the price they're asking!:shocked2:. Will need to ask more questions as they don't even mention what type of wick it is. See - I must be learning something, a while a go I wasn't even aware that there was more than one type of wick. LOL. :grin2:

I haven't seen any so far although one site does mention wicks of a specific length plus wick tabs so not sure if they are also primed - should be at the price they're asking!:shocked2:. Will need to ask more questions as they don't even mention what type of wick it is. See - I must be learning something, a while a go I wasn't even aware that there was more than one type of wick. LOL. :grin2:
I'm sure those are primed. I encourage you to look into them. Try the wick assemblies once for your votives and you'll never look back.

What suppliers do you use over there?

What suppliers do you use over there?

There is one supplier (Candle Creations) in the city I live in and that's where I got started. They sell paraffin and beeswax, block dyes and a few fo's plus 15 and 30 ply flat braid wick. All their moulds are plastic. I then found 2 suppliers (Stacks of Wax and Aromatherapy in the Raw) in another state who also have paraffin and beeswax, a bigger range of wicks and fo's and one of them has the little diamond dye blocks that I love because I can duplicate colours. They also have pillar moulds but no aluminium seamless. AND just the other week I discovered a new supplier Natural Candle Supply) - also interstate - who are importing fo's, dyes, waxes and moulds from the good old USA (not sure who). Yippee, I've now got some seamless aluminium moulds, including votives (and wick pins) and in a couple of weeks' time they'll also have palm wax and additives (they also have soy wax). BTW, the only additives I've found so far are stearine and vybar (tho' not sure what type of vybar). This new place also has tons of dye to choose from AND in 3 different types; block, diamond and liquid - WOW! Sorry that I'm raving on, this is probably a case of too much information, but you did ask. :P There may be other suppliers around but I haven't found them or else they specialse in beeswax or plastic moulds.

Natural Candle Supply looks good. They have the wick assemblies you need for the votives.

WOW, just checked out their website and all these wick supplies have mysteriously appeared. Thanks for the heads up as I could have sworn that they didn't have anything in the wick line last time I checked. :confused: