Rejected

Monica

I am seething mad right now!!

I applied for a show I have done in the past..it was a small town show that got great attendance..this year they changed to a jury show. I included my pics and my website for reference...get this SINCE I have a website..they consider me commerical WTF!!!

I spat them out a nasty email stating it is a sad day that although I have a website I make myself...with products I make myself..and take pride to provide a quality professional looking product I am considered commercial!!..it said alot more than that but you get the idea.

Just venting...thanks for reading....

Oh hun... how upsetting. I don't doubt that message was a bit more filthy then that and if it wasn't I give you props because mine would have been. I know like stated above they have to draw a line somewhere but they need to get a little more educated on the personal business world before pointing fingers obviously lol. Having a website doesn't mean squat when it comes to being commercial we all know that. Although I wish it did mean we had 1,000s of orders upon orders for our goodies then we wouldn't need some peebody show to attend we would have enough on our plate.

HUGS

Sorry to hear that. Juried shows can be a good thing. It will keep company reps for industrial produced products out of a show. But I've never heard some get axed due to having a web site. Can you file a greivance due to already having been in the show prior to it going juried? There has to be something you can do.

That sucks big time and I understand your anger and frustation.:(

Nah..I called another show that same weekend..she still has booths and will give me a corner booth in a good area she said. We have never been to this town before so maybe that will be a good thing.

Like my sister said..we should just take it as a compliment that our stuff looked too professional for their show :rolleyes2

What coordinaters dont realize is that word of mouth of crafters can make or break a show..they will not be getting good marks from us anymore.

OK girl who rejected you? This wasn't the "O" place was it? And if it was, does that mean you're going to Manhattan? I've seen your stuff and they're crazy not to let you in, even if it isn't the "O" place!

Heck it's like Sept on Thurs. and we've yet to hear from Fort L. if we've been accepted. What is it with these juried shows in this state?

Man I can't believe they turned you down in O! They must have been nuts! For the life of me I don't get why they turned you down at all, especially since you've been there previously. We debated over both places, so hope Manhattan goes well for ya :) Dang we were hoping to see ya again in O! I'm still unsure what Topeka show we'll be at, but perhaps we'll see each other there :D

My guess is that someone on the jury sold soaps or container candles..who knows:confused:

I am looking forward to Manhattan as we have never been there before.

I am sure we will meet up again.

Scented is right...We debated quite a while before we decided on the Big O and not the little Apple. Heard from the Ft L crowd. We are in.:cheesy2: ..and even got the booth space we requested. Get this...they made their decision over a month ago and are just now informing the crafters.

Any way I hope you have good show that week end.

Rockin

The show that rejected me is in Ottawa Kansas...small small town.

We had a successful show there in the past..but now we arent good enough..or was that too good:laugh2:

Good luck in Leavenworth..is that the weekend of Sept 24th? We will be in Topeka and get to meet Becky of BizzyBs :)

The show that rejected me is in Ottawa Kansas...small small town.

We had a successful show there in the past..but now we arent good enough..or was that too good:laugh2:

Good luck in Leavenworth..is that the weekend of Sept 24th? We will be in Topeka and get to meet Becky of BizzyBs :)

We will be in Concordia that weekend.