utilizing your space

Help:(

my hobby turned business is outgrowing my home! how do you all utilize your own space for storage.. and I am not "up" on proper storage of candles and BB items... right now I have stuff crammed into my laundry/mud room. I am very cramped... I have a 2000 sq ft 4 br house with 6 people and 5 pets! should I just invest in some shelving? I need a bigger house and my own craft room:cry2:

whine over

I feel your pain! I just spent the weekend cleaning out my kitchen cabinets, boxing up items I rarely use. I put all my fragrance oils, dyes, and smaller supplies in one set of cabinets. My wax sits in a bin in my coat closet, as do my prestos! My son is a senior this year, then on to college. When he leaves home, I'm taking over his basement bedroom!!!!

I've taken over the living room (no furnature), dining room, my half of the garage and kitchen. But it got frustrating. So as I type, the builders are in back putting up the framework for my addition. It is only a 10x20 space, so I doubt I will be able to free up my side of the garage but at least I will be out of the house.

i went through and cleaned out all my kitchen cabinets.that made room for all my scents and one bottem shelf for my wax and molds.i keep my case of wax in my bed room closet.i have a 2000 sq ft. home and four boys so had to try and fit every thing in easy reach.i thought the mud room was a good idea but i dont think i could put any thing else in there.i bought containers at wal mart with the blue flip open tops they work great for wicks and colors all my small stuff is in them.i even use one for sample scents.they will stack.i allso use one of the containers that is for household cleaners with the handle for stuff i use alot they work great.i found after i got every thing in containers it left me with a lot more room and looked alot better.my kitchen cabinets was cramed and i couldnt find any thing. so it helped me alot saved alot of time looking for the right wick or what ever i wonted.

I hear ya, my house is about 1400 sf. and 3 bedrooms. Two kids, a dog two cats and four birds, and about $3K worth of supplies in every available space. :eek:

My dream is to have my own room about the size of our livingroom/great room, with floor to ceiling shelving, cupboards, drawers all the way around the room, with an island in the middle, a sink a stove and microwave.

Oh and a tv with cable, my computer and a stereo an mini frig, and I wouldn't ever have to leave MY ROOM!! :D LOL

Well, one can dream right? Cuz I don't see that EVER happening, so for now I've got my whole kitchenette area taken over by supplies, plus I refinished a dresser for supplies and it's already overflowing with stuff piled on top of it. :rolleyes2

Never enough space.......

I feel the pain too! I have a spare bedroom, technically. However my uncle lives in that room during the week while he works here (goes home on weekends) so if he ever leaves, it's been over a year, I'll convert that room to storage. I did put two of the snap together rubbermaid shelves in the closet and have some things stored in that room.

Right now, I have 4 cupboards in the kitchen that are all FO's, three presto pots, 2 cases of wax on the floor, pour pots etc...all in the kitchen. In our "formal" living room, I have a display with my jars set up, a bookcase with jars and stuff, two of the drawer carts, and misc boxes stacked anywhere there's room.

Then half of my garage is wax and jars... It sure would be nice to have everything in ONE room. I can't find anything lately.

We've discussed renting a small warehouse for production but have pretty much decided to buy a shed and store the stuff in the garage in that, put A/C in the garage and make that my workspace. We'll see if dh ever does that though... :P

:undecided Oh the pain our little obsession brings us! I have a 1200 sq ft, 2 bdrm home. I have cases of wax and bottles stacked to the ceiling in the laundry room. A huge Rubbermaid cart on wheels loaded with wicks, FO's and my Prestos in the middle of the room so it is not blocking everything. I have to roll it out of the way to get to anything in the closet behind it. In my living room I have a chair in the corner. I hate the chair but have to keep it there to "hide" all the cases of candles behind it!

I haven't been in this long but I have a very very small spare bedroom, I've got stuff piled up in there presto pots, molds, jars and more jars, have an old computer desk that is piled high can't find anything,under the desk is wax, in the corner wax,the closet I put shelves in filled them up with jars of aroma beads waiting to be packaged, my dining room has cases of candles ready to go , the dining room table is piled up with pillars, gift bags, and junk. I'm thinking about taking over the garage which is not attached to the house but then I'd have to have a different heating plan.....geeze when I started this I never knew that it would turn into such an addiction and mess... Was gonna take a nap, but think I need to straighten up some stuff....Yuck :grin2:

Anna, if I were you, I'd get rid of 4 ppl and 2 or 3 pets. j/k. I'm sure you'll want shelves, lots & lots of shelves. You'll probably want some storage bins, lots & lots of bins. If you get bins, I suggest that you get the see thru kind. It's just easier.

Michi, we have the same dream! lol. And about everyone else on this board. :cheesy2: I'm happy to say my stuff hasn't taken over to the extreme that it has for a lot of ppl, but it's just a matter of time.

I have all my stuff in the garage. we only have a one car garage so we weren't parking in it anyway....Hubby let me take over and now he jokes to his friends about how he now only has a little corner with a few tools and such and the garage is no longer his. But he also points out that "my" garage makes money where his didnt!!

I live in the midwest and it can get pretty darned hot in the summer, but I am fortunate to have my garage underground (half of my basement is garage) so I can store my boxes of wax out there. However, it's an unfortunate thing, too, because I only have a half a basement, which is my son's bedroom and our laundry room. That means I have to store the rest of my stuff in the kitchen, coat closet, spare bedroom upstairs ........... As I said before, I'm just waiting for my son to move out so I can take over his room!!!