Coloring M&P soap

slaztoo

Okay...I'm new to this whole deal so bear with me please. From what I've read you can use the b&b dyes or food coloring. Is that right? Food coloring? Okay, so if you can use food coloring, my question is...can you use the food coloring that cake decorators use for their icing? The paste kind that comes in many deep, wonderful colors. :)

Thanks in advance for any info...

Karen

I used food coloring with my goat's milk soaps. You must be VERY careful not to use too much though. I used too much once, and it made a very disturbing smell in the soap. I have never used the paste, but now that you mentioned it, I am going to have to try it, being as how I have some at home. I decorate cakes also. :lol Will be trying that when my soap from the coop gets here, and will let you know, if you haven't already tried it.

I use all of the above.. I do use food coloring.. and i am a cake decorator and have used paste food coloring(mostly in a pinch).. the only thing about using the paste is that its expensive.. more expense that regualr food coloring or B&B colorants. AND... they contain additives that reg old FD&C colors do not like Propylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Glycerine, Methylcellulose, Gum, Vegetable Gum, and Sodium Bicarbonate which can affect your soap, some yellows even contain alcohol..