Anyone bought from the Candle Makers Store?

Just wondering how their service is, and if the FO's are good?

They have some really nice jars I'd like to try and thought I might check out some FO's while I'm at it. ;)

TIA

Michelle

I'll go check that scent review board too.

I put in an order lastnight. I had e-mails waiting for me when I got to work today, saying that they shipped the order already. Service seems to be fast. Shipping was really high for a small package within the same state, but that could be thier location (more remote higher pick up price) We will see how the rest goes.

They have some great specials too! I've been looking at the 1 lb. of Bayberry and the 1 lb. of Pine for only $7 per pound.

I've called Steve to ask some questions . . . he is very nice and extremely helpful.

The one thing that I didn't like is that there are no scent descriptions listed.

I have never tried any fo's, but I have gotten boxes and labels and service was real good. I like the small boxes that fit 2 votives, and also the display boxes. I use the round labels for the tops of my containers because my customers didn't like the labels on the outside of the jars.

I have a few suppliers that I only order 1 FO from because it's so good, you can't get anything like it from anyone else. The Candlemakers Store is one of those for me. I get his apple pie and it's absolutely mouth wateringly scrumptious. Nothing else like it :cheesy2:

VickiB in CA

Well, I guess the best way to find out about something is just to try it yourself huh?

So I did, I placed an order yesterday for some jars and since I'm STILL looking for that perfect "cherry" scent, I ordered two different ones from them. :)

Emailed already to let me know my order was placed and that I will receive two more emails one to confirm order was pulled and one to say order was shipped and give tracking number.

Shipping wasn't too bad for me, considering I'm a few states away and I ordered two cases of jars- about $17, cuz it UPS. ;)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh and Trish, I'll remember- never buy the Jack Frost FO! LOL

Oh and Trish, I'll remember- never buy the Jack Frost FO! LOL

I got some of this last holiday season and was test burning it in our bedroom, my dh walks in and says "OMG! What is that smell? It's OBNOXIOUS!!"

He also ran my booth one day at a holiday craft fair and he told me not to bother bringing the Jack Frost because he wouldn't be able to refrain from telling customers that it was "OBNOXIOUS" ROFLMAO

I got my order! I got it fast. And well I was not pleased but it is my own fault. I ordered some wick pins. I thought yea cool they are 12" and I can use them with my larger molds. Well I should have waited for them to come in stock at Peak and gotten the 10" ones that I know I like. The ones from the candlemaker store are in my opinion not the greatest. They are a nail welded to a tiny piece of metal. They even left the ridges in the nail! If I wanted that I would have welded a damn nail to something myself. Not happy! Didn't get any FO and kinda glad I didn't. Very sour taste left inmy mouth.

sorry no digi cam

If you can wait until Thursday I might be able to borrow one and post then.

It is a really long nail shoved through a flimsy ( I mean really thin piece of metal. I could bend it with my fingers and I can't even bend the metal of a wick tab without doing it twice with plyers) about the size of a quarter maybe smaller. Then welded. You can see that it is a nail the head is on the bottom part and they didn't even bother to file the little ridge things or the point at the end.

Yeah, been there and done that with the wick pins. Not pillar pins, but votive ones. I thought "what a deal" because you get the votive cup and pin for $1, so I ordered a dozen. Well, the bases on the pins are very small, so you have to keep fiddling with them to get them centered. Much rather pay a little more for the ones that cover the whole bottom of the votive mold, so all you have to do is drop them in. Candles & Supplies had their votive pins for about .40 each in May, so I stocked up and threw those others away. Kept the molds, though, so guess it wasn't a total loss.

I have not ordered from this company yet but it has always been on my list to try their FO. I am a firm believer in whqat he has to say about different " Grades" of oils. He is 100% right IMHO. http://candlemakers.zoovy.com/category/faq.candle_formulas/

As soon as I use some of what I have...which could be awhile:undecided I am going to give their grade A oils a shot.

Yeah, been there and done that with the wick pins. Not pillar pins, but votive ones. I thought "what a deal" because you get the votive cup and pin for $1, so I ordered a dozen. Well, the bases on the pins are very small, so you have to keep fiddling with them to get them centered. Much rather pay a little more for the ones that cover the whole bottom of the votive mold, so all you have to do is drop them in.
Are the bases on those CMS votive pins flat? Believe it or not those could be a godsend if they're flat. I want to try out those round straight-sided seamless aluminum votive molds. They're like little bitty pillar molds with no wick hole. If I could drill a hole and insert a votive pin with a flat base it would be awesome because I can't deal with needing a drill press to wick votives. The regular votive pins would be wobbly and hard to center.

Do you mean flat, as opposed to the ones that make the bottom of the votive slightly concave? As I said, I disposed of them already, but I honestly think they were completely flat. Just small discs of metal with a spike attached (the end was sharp like a nail). I don't remember any nail head on the bottom side that would have caused the surface to be raised, but I used them as little as possible once I realized how they were made, and just tried to make do with the initial 2 dozen I had gotten from BC when I first started doing candles, so there could have been one. I do see how these could be helpful in your application, as the pin would automatically be centered by the hole you drill

I do see how these could be helpful in your application, as the pin would automatically be centered by the hole you drill
Yes, and the mold would sit flat on the base. The whole thing would work like a miniature pillar pin. Ironically, these raggedy-arse pins may be just what the doctor ordered. This is the votive mold I have in mind.

post-710-139458379056_thumb.jpg

Hey Top, I got some votive ones too! I could send you one. I am not at home and can't look to see if they are flat. From what I remember they are more flat than the pillar wick pins I get from Peak but not perfectly flat. I think it is becaue of the nail head on the bottom

I got my order! I got it fast. And well I was not pleased but it is my own fault. I ordered some wick pins. I thought yea cool they are 12" and I can use them with my larger molds. Well I should have waited for them to come in stock at Peak and gotten the 10" ones that I know I like. The ones from the candlemaker store are in my opinion not the greatest. They are a nail welded to a tiny piece of metal. They even left the ridges in the nail! If I wanted that I would have welded a damn nail to something myself. Not happy! Didn't get any FO and kinda glad I didn't. Very sour taste left inmy mouth.

OMG! I ordered some of those one time and they're horrible. I use plumber's putty and the base of these is TOO small, that the wax leaks everywhere. I can't get a good suction against the mold. I hate them!

I want wick pins that have a smaller base, and found them at one or two places, so I'm just going to have to spend the extra money to get them!

I've bought a few times from them, and I think the A grade oils are great. However, my one big complaint it that they charge $1.75 for a handling charge in addition to what you have to pay for shipping!! It seems a bit excessive, so buyer beware.