Hard to mix fo's

FHG - I get that when I need to cut back on the oil. Hot orange danish is one of those also. Only about 1/2 oz per lb for my wax

Thanks!! It actually also did that with the Hot Orange Danish I poured today! Well, that's a good thing. Less oil with a strong candle.

That's what we shoot for! lol

Grama I use a hot griddle too. I keep my pouring pots hot and then add wax. When the wax temp is right I add my fragrance and dye and stir while the pot is still on the griddle. Once all the oil and dye is incorporated then I take the pouring pot off the griddle to let the wax cool to pouring temp. Never had a problem with the fragrance or dye since I started using this method.

I got my flat griddle at Walmart I think for under $20. It holds up to four pouring pots at once. I never make candles without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mozzie! How are you? did you get my email?

Sorry for the problem, but I also have lots of problem when I pour JS ultimate vanilla. I keep my pyrex cup with FO near the stove while I'm heating the wax, so it gets a bit warm. Vybar helps, but sometimes it's necessary to heat a bit more the wax.

I hope you'll find your way.

One thing I noticed is that FOs bind a lot better with veggie waxes, while sometimes with paraffin they simply don't work. It must be a sort of structural thing.

Bye!