Making text a photo - comes out blurry?

7Angela7

I have to make text into a photo or else the font on my website won't show up on everyone elses computer. I also don't want to print my own business cards or brochures, and am trying to submit it to a company to print. But the problem with companies is that they do not have my font. I've been trying to make the text into a photo with Adobe Photoshop and have also tried it in Publisher. I just basically use a white background, type out the text & color I need, then crop it right around the text & save it. Photoshop is way too complicated to just play around with, so that was the only way I figured out to do it. The picture looks fine & clear while working within the programs, but once I upload it to the companies website & view it, it becomes blurry. I know others do this & it still comes out clear, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!

I use Paint Shop Pro. It's important to make sure that the "antialias" box at the bottom of the text tool box is checked. This should make all the difference in the world in your finished product!

Edited to add: I'm not sure where the antialias selection is on the software you mentioned..but if you have a "create as a : vector, floating, selection, area, it should be part of that." I hope I am explaining this clearly LOL. If not, PM me and I will try to help you that way.

it's not uncommon for text to be blurry when you're making a graphic from it; fonts come in a couple of different types and that can create problems.

one thing you can do to help your graphics along is to embed your font when you're saving your file. This way if you pull up the picture, it will also load the font temporarily.

Another thing to consider is the type of graphic you're saving as. A bitmapped type (tif) will be significantly more blurry. You may want to consider an eps (not as much pixelization), or saving the image as a larger size, so that you can down-size it when using the graphic. you'll get a smoother image in the end.

HTH,

Darci

(former guru)

If you can, make sure the picture is 300 dpi. In photoshop, do File>New and put the dpi to 300. Make it whatever width/height you want -- for business cards no more than 3" wide I believe. When you save it, save it as a .TIF file. This will give you the best quality w/ the least amount of work. Hope this helps.

- Sue