Which UV inhibitor is better?

I see 2 different approaches being stocked by suppliers.

Some have the A and B products and you use both to cover all the wavelengths. Other suppliers have a single substance that acts as a broad spectrum inhibitor. It's a different product and not a combination of the A & B substances.

The broad spectrum inhibitor is obviously less complicated to use, but I'm thinking the A/B combo may be more effective since it's still the most common. Anybody know about this?

Well I've tried a little bit of A and a little bit of B only to now own the product that's supposed to cover the UVA and UVB spectrum and I prefer it more, since it's just 1/2 tsp added to the wax and not measuring out so much of part A and so much of part B.

I also know that using only A or B doesn't help much lol.

Used to use the two part and have switched to the one part 'cause its easier. Have see no diference. I found measuring the 2 part was difficult when only doing small amounts of wax. For example, my package for two part says "use 1/2 tsp of each A&B for 10 lbs of wax".

I've used them both and really don't know exactly what the difference is. Guess I should do some serious testing. Candlewic told me that the two part is their most popular one....so that is what I am using now. ????????????? Maybe someone has the REAL answer....Donita

I put the a/b combination in my jars, and know alot of candle makers that did the same and decided to quit adding uv. They said if they are not in the sun, you dont need it and its a waste of money. I still use it, 1 scoop per 10 pounds of wax. I dont see a big change when I dont use it, except on purples which fade quick in sunlight. I dont get much or any fade from house lights because of the jars I use. I think the UV just gives you a few more hours of safe zone with the candles. I can take 2 light purple candles and set them in the sun, one without and one with uv. The without one, would fade to gray in maybe a hour, but its not that the other will not fade, it will fade, it just might take several more hours of direct sun to fade them.

Bruce