Engraved Rose Pyramid

Here is a candle I made yesterday. I love the scent, it smells like a bunch of roses, but I just wasn't happy with the "shiny" appearance of the candle..... it looked too modern. So I came up with an idea to engrave the entire candle with a scroll-like design, and this is how it came out. I was very pleased with the result!

post-1101-139458378581_thumb.jpg

post-1101-139458378584_thumb.jpg

How patient are you! Great job, well worth the effort. So much of what we do as chandlers is purely for love as we'll never get paid enough for it but that's all part of the creative expression (and obsession with candle making). LOL :grin2:

Very creative. Looks great!

Now go make a silicon or latex template of that design so you need only line the mold n pour to replicate it! :smiley2:

You know, I thought about that, but then I wondered if the latex would take as the engraving is not that deep.

I just thought I'd let you know that it was just short of 3 hours, about 2 hours 40 minutes, but we were watching a movie at the time - I had one eye on the candle - so it seemed to go by pretty quickly. I might try it again one of these days. I had the idea of maybe doing a candle in dark brown or black, engraving it, then dusting it lightly with some gold dust! Could turn out nicely......