Melt and pour question

crystalmcvea

Okay, newbie question. How much FO and how much colorant do you add to a pound of melt and pour soap? I did a batch and when I took them out of the molds, well, they seem slippery and slimy...almost sweaty. Any suggestions? leave it to me to be able to screw up M&P! lol

it can depend on your soap base.. an all natural base has more natural oils and will sweat more etc.. usually the maximum fragrance most MPs will hold is 1Tbs per lb. I never use liquid coloranst so i dont know anything about those.. ise powdered and soap block colors

Yep, no more than 1 T per LB, but some oils you need to use less, and EO alot less, and ditto on the all natural glycerin bases, they are softer and alot more slippery especially in humid areas.

If using a M&P base that is not all natural you may have left them out in the air to long before unmolding and wrapping and the humidity go to them

Michelle

Most all M&P sweats. So far, ALL of the bases I've used have. If you chill them to help unmold, they'll sweat worse. There are some M&P bases designed to be low sweat but I haven't tried them. As I've been told, you can gently wipe some of the sweat off then spritz them with alcohol, it helps dry it up. Once they dry, wrap them airtight immediately. If yours don't have any sweat when you first unmold them, wrap 'em quick. :)

Added: I use 1/2 oz pp for FO and how ever much color it takes to get what I want ;)