Is Peaks not selling wax anymore?

I also noticed the IGI 1554 was gone. I sent an email inquiring about this and found out that IGI has discontinued producing this product. Nachelle stated they would be adding their own formulated blend of this product in a couple of weeks. HTH :)

Gosh it's not that bad. :)

There are a number of similar waxes. I'd say keep the drawing board in the closet as it's not going to require much adaptation. Get a semi-translucent wax in the MP range you're used to and I suspect you'll hardly notice the difference.

LMAO!! But it is to me. :grin2:

Thanks for the kind words, top. Unfortunately, I have thrown 2 cases of inferior hurricane wax in the garbage. I am a perfectionist and this wax worked extremely well for me. I dread the idea of testing another wax before the busy season. Not enough hours in a day. These companies keep switching their formulas and its really becoming quite an annoyance.

But on the other hand, perhaps there is another one out there that will either meet or surpass my expectations. Time will tell. I will share my positive results as they occur.... hopefully.

LMAO!! But it is to me. :grin2:

Thanks for the kind words, top. Unfortunately, I have thrown 2 cases of inferior hurricane wax in the garbage. I am a perfectionist and this wax worked extremely well for me. I dread the idea of testing another wax before the busy season. Not enough hours in a day. These companies keep switching their formulas and its really becoming quite an annoyance.

But on the other hand, perhaps there is another one out there that will either meet or surpass my expectations. Time will tell. I will share my positive results as they occur.... hopefully.

I understand about the perfectionism. Hurricanes aren't my "thing" so much that I can recommend something from the perfectionist point of view, but FWIW...

Besides the IGI 1260 you could consider Candlewic waxes such as the 5560. I didn't actually have enough of it lying around so I did half and half 5055/5560 with 1% Fischer Tropsch. Got a nice white translucency and a perfect hard glossy finish.

I understand about the perfectionism. Hurricanes aren't my "thing" so much that I can recommend something from the perfectionist point of view, but FWIW...

Besides the IGI 1260 you could consider Candlewic waxes such as the 5560. I didn't actually have enough of it lying around so I did half and half 5055/5560 with 1% Fischer Tropsch. Got a nice white translucency and a perfect hard glossy finish.

Thank you for the tip, I appreciate it. I will give those waxes a whirl. :shocked2:

I am a soy chandler. I did traditional waxes on and off for years, then ventured off into the natural waxes. I only do hurricanes for special orders. They do have a high profit margin so I do not want to discontinue them completely. I just dread the testing of another wax something fierce at this time of year when I know the orders will be flowing and I am not completely confident about my finished product. I probably shouldn't be so anal about it, but its part of my personality...... unfortunately! :tongue2:

I haven't tried the 1554, I made hurricanes from 1343 in the past (till I melted one). I got a case of 1260 and I pulled a beautiful hurricane out of the mold this morning. Smooth gloosy finish, very translucent. I found it very easy to work with, too.