tried with what i had in hand..

Hello,

I get passion for candle making after reading this web site..I live in Mauritius island( those who wish know ask me..) so i went to look for waxes here but there was none available, i decided to take candles sold in packets, white ones with the wick and put them in food empty cans to make a double boiler....when it melts i take the wick out form it....i surely not have any thermometer so i not know temperature of wax melting, and i use coloured wax pencils that kids use to draw....and i'm proud say i make beautiful pillars and the best is when i put a tablespoon of cocoa powder in the melting wax, is amazing the colour form this cocoa wax candle i made....

So i want say to many here , just try as i did, is so economical...i'll take pics of candles i made and show one day..i'm just a beginner.

Corinne

Hi Corinne,

I did the same thing when I was a teenager in South Africa. Made my own candles from the white ones you buy in the store, and my wax crayons. I have to admit that they turned out pretty good. I wouldn't say they burned that well, but they looked really cool.

I love Mauritius. Spent many vacations there as a child. Trou aux Biches was our favorite. Also stayed at a place in Curepipe, but I don't remember the name. Lovely island. Very unspoilt and natural (or at least in was 20 years ago).....

Hi Corinne,

I did the same thing when I was a teenager in South Africa. Made my own candles from the white ones you buy in the store, and my wax crayons. I have to admit that they turned out pretty good. I wouldn't say they burned that well, but they looked really cool.

I love Mauritius. Spent many vacations there as a child. Trou aux Biches was our favorite. Also stayed at a place in Curepipe, but I don't remember the name. Lovely island. Very unspoilt and natural (or at least in was 20 years ago).....

.....Tike(sp?) :smiley2: