Big Craft Fair ?????

Peggy

Well, it has been a very long time since I posted anything, but I have been on here looking at everyone else's post. I guess I think I just don't have very much to say or someone else says it before I do.

Anyway, I do have a question in regards to possibly how much inventory I might need.

I have been accepted at a craft fair in November. It starts on Friday night, and they have around 1000 on that night because they call it a pre-buy night. People pay more to get in and get dinner included. Then it is all day Sat & Sun and there will be about 250 vendors. All items are hand made and they usually have around 2000 a day on both Sat and Sun.

Since I have never done anything like this I am not sure how much inventory to take with me. I make container and pillar candles both. If anyone can give me some ball park amounts, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance:p

Take as much as you can! I never now from one show to the next what is going to sell. Last show it was Black Cherry! Who knows what they will be buying this weekend!

Ditto! I bring as much as I can fit in my car, and the scents that sell really do vary from show to show. Good luck!!!

We have a show very similar around here. I have never done it but elle has. If she doens't see this and respond, send her a PM.

I havent' done this show yet because I am building up to it. It's way bigger than any show I have done so far and the application states that if you run out of product before close on Sunday you will never be invited back. I'm going to make sure I am good and ready before I do that. Frankly, I don't think my vehicle would hold enough.

Lord I'm building stock for a string of large shows that starts in October and crossing my fingers that it'll get us through. I'm to the point of making up enough till I'm sick of the scent and then a little more.

I'd say if you can keep an eye on what sells and load up on that inventory, you should make it through (prayers might help lol.)

Every show is so different. For a show of that size, at that time of year, I would be looking for $1000+ per day is sales. However, I would likely take closer to $8000 in stock to the same show. As the others have said, you never know which scent/style is going to be the hot seller. Nothing disappoints me more than running out of something at a show (disappointed in myself that is). So the short answer is still "as much as you can". Good luck. Have fun. Janette

I do a three day show the first weekend in October that has a HUGE draw all three day. Last year it drew over 65,000 people and it's scrictly handmade crafts. It's a juried show and this will be my fourth year doing it. I will also have a double booth this year because you have you can have 20 people crammed into your booth at the same time!:shocked2: I will be bringing 500 candles and 2000 clammies! I'm hiring two people to help me run my booth. I had one person last year and it was okay but VERY frazzled by the end of the day! We had to bring our own food because we couldn't leave the booth with that many people waiting in line for food vendors. I would take an hour to get a meal!:P It's the very best show I do all year long!

Fire:cool2: