This phrase does not make sense ~ Quote by a company we know as LU*H

Does this really make much sense? This is from a company we know as LU*H.

Our handmade soaps are made with only 40-60% soap, leaving more room to add other goodies, not as drying and harsh as other commercial brands.

I'm supposing it means they add other stuff such as salts, leaves, sparkles and other stuff they put in their soap but it just doesn't make much sense to me! I think it's just worded improperly.

And apparently their other goodies are Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate (which I still can't find what this is!). I'm not even sure what EDTA is, but I don't use it. That comany may call their stuff handmade soap, but it seems like every other commerially made "soap" to me!:shocked2:

I have several samples of their soap but have not tried them (I've got waaaay too much soap laying around!) They add all kinds of weird stuff to their soap - figs, bananas, yogurt, etc. I bet that's what they are referring to in their statement.

Maybe they phrase it that way because what the consumer regards as 100% soap (pick any supermarket brand) is drying to the skin. So the effect of having only 40-60% soap would mean it has 40-60% moisturizing ingredients. At least this is what someone who doesn't know how real soap is made would think.