SFIC shea mp base

Luci

The reason I'm asking is because out of curiosity I went to another forum to do some reading. I posted a comment in one of the threads that mentioned goat milk soap. I didn't mention looking for any.

I hadn't been back to that forum because I found it difficult to read and navigate. But I received an email that said I had an PM there. It was an offer from someone to sell me about 30 or 40 lbs. I found that odd. After doing some reading on folks that only join these forums to sell, I felt I should sit back and wait. However, on that forum, there is no way that I can find to see just what kind of posts, etc. that person makes. Am I being too cautious and passing up an opportunity? I surely can't afford to purchase their minimum!

Luci

JMHO, but, personally I would not buy something from someone that I have never heard from and/or can't check them out to see if they are legit or a con. I have had great luck with buying from the co-ops on this board and the Whisk, but it is from people I have come to know thru their posts over time. That being said I definately do not feel you are being too cautious..:rolleyes2

You never know. Some people just buy stuff and never use it. If you purchase from SFIC directly, you have to buy 250 lbs. That's a lot of soap for one person to "craft" with, unless you have a store, or a website to get rid of it. Then again, there are always co-ops going on and it wouldn't be unreasonable for one person to have bought that much soap (30-40lbs) in a co-op for personal use.

I'm a guilty party to buying stuff I will never use, but at the time, it's hot and I just have to have it. I have tons of stuff I could get rid of, but keep thinking I'll get around to using it.

Perhaps this person is the same way, and thought she could help you and herself at the same time.

By the way, SFIC's shea butter soap is good. At a show I did, people were very excited by Shea butter soap, and acted like it was a real rarity, so they bought it.

Luci

JMHO, but, personally I would not buy something from someone that I have never heard from and/or can't check them out to see if they are legit or a con. I have had great luck with buying from the co-ops on this board and the Whisk, but it is from people I have come to know thru their posts over time. That being said I definately do not feel you are being too cautious..:rolleyes2

I agree.

I do appreciate your thoughts on that. I have felt comfortable on this forum from the start and equate the hours reading all the threads and posts to the closest thing to a bachelor's degree in these areas as possible! Much more info here than in any books I've read.

After a visit to a huge craft show last weekend, I have taken steps to gathering materials to get ready to do my first batch of cp soon. I bought several bars of cp from the different vendors. None of them looked as delicious as the ones I've seen pictured here!