Soaping Cocoa Butter, Highest %?

Grumpy Girl

Sounds lovely!

It also sounds very similar to my cocoa butter bar recipe. The only reason I said that was because of the beeswax comment. If it was my recipe, it certainly didn't need the beeswax for hardening, I used it to try to compliment the cocoa butter smell. Don't think it did what I expected at the time.

My Flowerbomb soap was over 70% shea, I shared it with a few people here, and sold out of it like hot cakes. Everyone remarked on how wonderful it is, and I love it myself (my hubby even uses it.)

I have been thinking about the cocoa butter too. Wonder what a shea/cocoa butter combo would be like.

For my first time doing CP, I used 12.% cocoa butter and 12.5% shea. The batch recipe also had olive oil and coconut oil in it. I reached medium trace within 2 minutes with the stick blender. I scented it with Dutch Chocolate FO and swirled with cocoa and gold micas. It cured to a very hard bar, feels nice and smells so good.

This was how it looked after it was freshly cut:

193843344_bc908a521e.jpg

It has since darkened considerably because of the fragrance oil.