Not sure that I've read about anyone...

experimenting with mixing paraffin (I was thinking about IGI 4627 or J223) with C-3, and if so, how were your results. I've mixed J223 with EZ Soy back in the day, but didn't love the wicking issues or the fainter scent throw. I guess my one complaint (pretty much my only complaint) about C-3, is how much I have to doctor the tops (melting down that single and sometimes tiny crack or crater near the wick with a heatgun, or the occassional "brain") that develops after the candle completely cools. I'm hoping that adding a bit of paraffin will eliminate or help with this. I've just not heard that a lot of you have been adding anything to your C-3...particularly paraffin.

If any of you do this, I use CD wicks with C-3 alone with a lot of success. If I were to add a bit of 4627 to the C-3, would I need to switch wicks...or could I actually wick down a bit? I would probably go 80/20 (soy to paraffin).

I actually think I'm going to try the two pours. I am actually very happy with every aspect of the C-3 wax...it is the best soy blend I've used...I would rather than do this than start tinkering with adding paraffin...especially since I have the wicking down. I prefer it to the Ecosoya any day. So, it's as simple as pouring the 2nd pour about 10 degrees hotter? At which stage do you do this...once the candle has completely cooled, or a couple of hours after the first pour?

I actually think I'm going to try the two pours. I am actually very happy with every aspect of the C-3 wax...it is the best soy blend I've used...I would rather than do this than start tinkering with adding paraffin...especially since I have the wicking down. I prefer it to the Ecosoya any day. So, it's as simple as pouring the 2nd pour about 10 degrees hotter? At which stage do you do this...once the candle has completely cooled, or a couple of hours after the first pour?

Let candle cool completely. Then do the second pour.

Fire:cool2: