Eggnog FO...Does it sell?

Janette

Great question! I have like a 1/4 oz of Egg Nog FO that is an exact scent and to die for........but there is no sense on getting more if it doesn't sell. What kinds of FO's can you mix to get that scent of Egg Nog?

I don't know what to mix to make EN but put some Rum FO in it and call it spiked egg nog. Who knows just might make it a better seller.

BTW - You should put a DO NOT DRINK label on it.

If it doesn't sell well by itself, you could always trying layering it with other holiday Fos - like Gingerbread, Sugar Cookie, Spiced Orange, etc. Someone on the board here does this for Christmas and she says its a best seller. I don't think it would sell well for me so I don't carry it.

I don't think you can accurately judge what will sell for you by what sells for others because there are so many variables that come into play. There's another chandler in my area that sells mostly food scents and yet I can hardly give them away. For me, its florals and fresh, clean scents that sell best. I've carried egg nog - 2 kinds (spiked and regular) and neither sold well last holiday season. I finally discontinued it and put in on clearance and still it wouldn't sell. You just never know. With egg nog, you could mix chocolate or coffee with it.

I don't think you can accurately judge what will sell for you by what sells for others because there are so many variables that come into play. There's another chandler in my area that sells mostly food scents and yet I can hardly give them away. For me, its florals and fresh, clean scents that sell best. I've carried egg nog - 2 kinds (spiked and regular) and neither sold well last holiday season. I finally discontinued it and put in on clearance and still it wouldn't sell. You just never know. With egg nog, you could mix chocolate or coffee with it.
I realize that one person's best seller isn't necessarily going to be another's. Just wanted some input to help decide if I should carry it before I invest in a quantity of FO. Several friends have said they like it, but that doesn't mean it will sell either. Cheers Janette

It's ok, but not a big seller for me. I'm going to carry it again this year and think I will add some to layered candles. Maybe change the name for the candles. Some people love it but since I don't like eggnog I would never try it. So I'm thinking a name change it a good thing since I love the way the FO smells.

Thanks for all the replies......I'm just burning my first tester of NG's Eggnog. The throw is great, and I really like the scent. The ones I like usually bomb! I think I am going to try 1 lbs just as a tester this Christmas. If it goes, I will bring it back next year. If it doesn't sell, everyone I know is getting an Eggnog candle this Christmas. I will rename it though. Cheers Janette