confused?

:embarasse I am a newbie. Burning/testing my candles. 4627/8oz jelly/51z/9% load. I am having a hard time with hot throw. They are burning fine (I think) but I cannot smell them very well. My family says that they can. It is a very large room (great room). Are you supposed to burn in a smaller room, like a bedroom to test hot throw??

One thing to consider is the size of the candle with regard to the size of the room. An 8oz jj should easily scent a decent sized bedroom, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to scent a huge living room - especially one with an open floor plan where the living room, dining room, kitchen all flow together. There is a limit to how far the scent will travel. I have tested candles in all my rooms, so I know how far the scent should go with a good throwing candle in my house. As you test, you'll get to know your home. Hope that makes sense. Also, since your family says that they can smell the candle, you may just have candle-nose.

I am using fo from BCN, BCS, and The Candle Source. Thank you for the advice. The jars that I have locally at Wal-Mart are limited. A 12oz jar has the same diameter as the 8 oz jelly. Will it have the same throw. Is it the width of the jar that makes a bigger melt pool and better throw?