Astorlite V and 1343

A former chandler...actually the lady who helped get me going... gave me the last of her wax. About 25lbs of J223 which I aleady use and about 25 lbs Astorlite V which I have never used. I realize that the A V is a votive blend but I know that this lady did not do votives...what else can this wax be used for? She did make the little cinnabuns.

BTW, I make votives with 1343 and so far have loved it. How do the two compare? (1343 and AV?)

A former chandler...actually the lady who helped get me going... gave me the last of her wax. About 25lbs of J223 which I aleady use and about 25 lbs Astorlite V which I have never used. I realize that the A V is a votive blend but I know that this lady did not do votives...what else can this wax be used for? She did make the little cinnabuns.

BTW, I make votives with 1343 and so far have loved it. How do the two compare? (1343 and AV?)

It actually depends on the look you are going for. Astorlite V gives a creamy, opaque, satiny appearance. I use it exclusively for molded floating votives (rose floaters) and it is by far the best wax I've used for this type of application. HTH

I usually use IGI4794 for my votives but have heard so much about the v wax that I wanted to try it. Another member of this board was kind enough to send me five pounds to try. Thank God I didnt buy a case of this stuff. My personal opinion only, but it was awful. For one, there was no way it was a true one pour, it didnt burn as cleanly as the 4794 and it did a weird morphing thing when it burned (hard to explain).

I am so grateful to the other board member for letting me try this stuff. Remember, this is just my opinion. Others seem to love the stuff, but I personally hate it.

I would try to mix it with another wax and see if that helps if you have enough to do so.

Sorry for blabing on and on.

Pam

scentimentalgifts@hotmail.com

The Astor V makes beautiful votives, and has awesome throw, but IMO can be tricky to wick. The votives tend to burn like a pillar, as in they tend to leave a shell when burning. Just my experience, though. :smiley2:

The Astor V makes beautiful votives, and has awesome throw, but IMO can be tricky to wick. The votives tend to burn like a pillar, as in they tend to leave a shell when burning. Just my experience, though. :smiley2:

That was the problem I always had with the V, very ugly burn IMO and a bitch to wick. It is very easy to work with and does make great tarts!

e