Help need for website program

diamondk

What does everyone use to design their website? I am wanting to get started on my website in the next couple of weeks. TIA

Calling on all web designers: Please pm me if you can help me just get a basic web page up to where I can add pictures, other words, pages and prices along with a shopping cart. Hope this makes sense. TIA

Girl, go to Createashoppe, or CreateashoppePlus. It is SOO worth the money. Yep, my husband does websites, and I have a good understanding of html and computer programming, but I wanted the easiest thing out there that could be changed on a whim, and 100% doable by me and this is it. I would highly recommend either this, or diyestores to anyone who wants 100% control over the building, vamping, and revamping of their site. Perfect for anyone who, with little or no effort can add, delete, edit products and categories, etc. etc. NO HTML knowledge required! NONE!

Once you pay for your site, and get the information, you can have it up and running in a few days, depending on how much info is ready to go (product descriptions, scent lists, etc. etc.) Mine was up in a day! With Createashoppe Plus, you can bring in ANY web design that you want and are not limited to the stock designs on Createashop regular. I believe with DIYestores, you can bring in all of your own websets too. I just designed and installed one there so I can say with 100% certainty that they are "almost" as easy as Createashoppe! :) I hope this info helps!

Hi there. I'm new so I can't PM just yet... but here is the information I was going to send to you anyway :)

I use Dreamweaver. It is awesome - it is not only a WYSIWYG (What you see if what you get) it also has the ability to split to code (if you know code or if someone is helping you that knows code.) It is pretty awesome. I am a professional website designer and own my own company, and it is what I use to create my client sites. There are some tutorial books out there, but it really is easy to just jump right in and start designing. I would be willing to give you some pointers and help if you need it (Free of course! :)

Hope this information helps. BTW, Dreamweaver is made by Macromedia and you can get a copy of it off eBay pretty cheaply.

THanks!

Funky Monkey

Let me just say that learning how to build and maintain my site is the best time I ever spent building my business. Yeah, it can become time consuming and tiredsome, but well worth it in the end. I can edit, change words around and apply whatever changes I want, whenever I want without the hassle of contacting a web designer. It may not be the most professional site, but hey, I'm proud of it! (Deep breath here:grin2:)

So with that being said, I use adobe photoshop and golive. Took a long time to get it just the way I wanted, but I'm almost there! And I use godaddy for domain and hosting.

Maybe more than you wanted to know, but hope it helps anyway

Shani:)

Lots of options out there that are low cost or Free.

Free Shopping Carts

www.oscommerce.com

www.zencart.com

www.mals-e.com

PayPal's Add to Cart buttons

Low Cost

www.wahmshoppes.com

www.ezshoppes.com

www.diyestores.com

I would certainly make a list of what you want to do on your website and then compare the various options to see what will work best for you.

EDIT: There also various programs out there such as Front Page, Dreamweaver and various WYSIWIG editors that could work for you as well.