My first real soap attempts

Tell me what you think. They are all mp - I haven't tried the cp yet. I think I may have to much color in the massage ones.

The purples are scented vanilla and were meant to be a swirl. The second is a olive soap with loofa sponges, clear olive - unscented and then unscented chunk soap (this was a ton of fun to make!)

The front ones (massage ones) are all vanilla except the transparent green one which is scented apple.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I'm still wondering if they will harden up - does m&p soap harden?

Thanks!

Funky Monkey

http://www.justicewebdesign.com/soap.html

(Sorry for the link - not sure how to do this yet from this forum)

Thanks guys! I am really interested in trying the lye - but cannot find it in my area (Northern Kentucky.) I am still looking - hopefully I'll find some soon. I don't really want to order online - for some reason it seems easier for me to buy it locally and if it doesn't work, that's ok. If I pay for shipping and it doesn't work - then that is a different story! Yeah - I know, that doesn't make much sense!

Anyway, do you guys know if regular food coloring will work in soap making?

Thanks!

Ginger

aka Funky Monkey

Thanks guys! I am really interested in trying the lye - but cannot find it in my area (Northern Kentucky.) I am still looking - hopefully I'll find some soon. I don't really want to order online - for some reason it seems easier for me to buy it locally and if it doesn't work, that's ok. If I pay for shipping and it doesn't work - then that is a different story! Yeah - I know, that doesn't make much sense!

Anyway, do you guys know if regular food coloring will work in soap making?

Thanks!

Ginger

aka Funky Monkey

food coloring will work in MP but I believe it may fade? Don't even try it with CP. It just won't work because of the high temps involved in CP.