Which Shrink bags are best?

firegirl

Okay.. I have done the search but have not quite found what I need answered. Could you pro soap sealers explain which bags are best suited for soaps. I also need to shrink wrap some of my jar candles to keep the dust out. I would like to use the bags that are stretchy.. if this makes sense? I have gotten some soaps that were shrink wrapped in what looks like the kind of material that you would shrink wrap a gift basket around. These did not seem to cling to the product very well. I would appreciate any guidance before I go and spend more money! I would appreciate a link or 2 if you have them..Thanks!

Teri

Thanks for that link, Carrie. I went to a huge craftsman's exhibit yesterday in Myrtle Bch. There were 4 candle/soap vendors there. I bought from each of them. One of them had their soaps done like Dan described and with the cigar bands. I thought they looked so neat!

I started wrapping with paper, then went to shrink wrapping. I have the tubing and use the same size as one would for votives. I found it to be a deficit at shows as you could not smell the soap. I then switched to the Dan's bands and currently use the boxes and save the bands for those that won't fit.

Note, if you are shrink wrapping, make sure the soap is fully cured before you seal it up. If you use the bands and wrap too early, they will loosen as the soap shrinks.

Thanks for the input! I just bought an impulse sealer and wanted to seal my MP soaps so they stay clean. I was just planning on giving them away.. I won't be selling them. I thought it would look nicer to give in a basket if I sealed them up...I have little kids.. they are constantly touching everything and I thought this would help with that as well as a good way to store them on shelves. I wanted to seal up my small jar candles that don't have lids. I use 1 ounce sample tins to sniff. I also thought this would help keep dust and pet hairs out of them. I love my critters, but many of my friends don't! Any suggestions of who has the nice Plasitc type of bags for sealing?.. any info would be appreciated before I make a purchase! THanks

Now the site says these are open at the ends... Is there enough room to seal them? I'd like a fully closed bag...... I thought about buying these...

LaVida,

I just purchased some 4 x 6 plastic bags off of ebay for 2.95 for 100. I too wanted to seal the whole bar. I thought for this price I would try them. I read a few threads on here about a few different companies, but I just wanted to make sure that I was getting the right kind of wrap. I have received soaps that were shrink wrapped in the gift basket type of plastic and the soaps were not sealed very well. I will let you know if the ones I receive work well.

Teri

Now the site says these are open at the ends... Is there enough room to seal them? I'd like a fully closed bag...... I thought about buying these...

These are bands, like cigar bands. They do not cover the soap ends. If you have an impulse sealer you could try, like eugenia said, the shrink tubing.

Don't you want people to be able to smell your soap?