A few more

Great Job!! I also have gotten some of Johns items and have learned some of his carving techniques! In fact, Im thinking about working it out to get his melter in a month when I go up that way so I can pick it up and save on shipping!! Most of me rather do it all by hand rather than use the candle handle when dipping and carving but when I want to do upward cuts, it comes in handy! I started out carving on a PVC set up kinda like what you have and then went to his system and now I use both depending on what Im doing!! I havent carved since May and I miss it!! I looks like you are doing really well, keep it up!!! I wanted to ask you if you used his wax or another type of wax?? I have used botht he 1343 and the 4611 and I have found that the 4611 works best between the two but the 1343 can be used for more than just the carved candles so Im trying to find a way to make it work better so I can save on having to buy a wax JUST for carving!! Id like to really know what wax you are using and to find out how you like it!

God Bless,

Lynn

Thanks so much everyone. You are very encouraging ... and you bet Sherrie.....you can come over and play in the wax anytime...you know that! I will sure teach ya what I know.....but I am warning ya...I really don't know much. I did have that class with John at the convention and he is an amazing teacher. I really loved his class.......well I guess so....to start on this madness.One on one works for me!

You name the time, Sherrie!

SueAnn...you could easily learn it using this system. It just couldn't be any easier.

As far as the wax Lynn, I am using IGI 1239...MP 136 with some Micro- MP 140....(to avoid mottling and help with the glazing). Hard to say how I like it because I don't have anything to compare it to...guess I like it just fine. It is not too much fun to break up...I am sure that there has to be a better way than hard core manual labor, however.

Thanks for the tip on the 4611. I am always willing to try anything to make whatever I do better.

Micheal, I wasnt at convention and had no idea that John was there! I have talked to him many times via phone and email and have ordered a few things from him and he has offered me a 1 hour free class if I come that way so I may take him up on it IF I get to get the melter! Using two pots and two large dipping vats on my stove isnt cutting it! Do you have the melter? What are you using if you dont mind me asking!? I really want to try the 1239 and will have to get a slab or two to try from someone on the board the next time so is for sale! I noticed with the 1343 that it seemed to peel in layers more and it stuck to the molds more and was more brittle! When I use the 4611, my cores come off of JOHNs mold insert easier! We had to keep taking the molds and inserts apart to get the cores out of the molds with the 1343 but only had limited proplems that were easily solved by putting the mold in the freezer a few minutes with the 4611. Now, that is just personal and it could be that even though I had the electric thermometers, I couldnt acurately keep the temp of my waxes perfect as I will be able to with a melter! I highly suggest that you get yourself some 1343 and 4611 and try it yourself and see how you like it and find the one that works best for you!! As YOU know, you need a whole lot of wax for the carved candles and would suggest you try only two vats of each of the above mentioned waxes, one clear and one white to test so you dont waste so much if you dont like it! LOL

I think you are doing a wonderful job! Please keep it up!!

God Bless,

Lynn

I really like the colors of the one up front and the red/white one (that looks like it has bows on it) from the first group. You definitely have talent and patience. Ever considered becoming a surgeon? :smiley2:

Your candles look fantastic and I'll bet you are having fun. Keep up the fine work.

Michael,

Those look great! Is that with John's system he was showing there and selling?

Glad you are having a blast making them. :)

Sure is! I think he KNEW I was going to get hooked from the beginning! I am an education junkie...LOVE classes etc.

Sand Candles are down the road...that class was fun too. Did you take it?

Wow.... those are beautiful.

I am originally from Las Vegas, and there's several gift shops on the strip that sale candles like these. I remember seeing some in the Stratosphere and thinking "someone has the patience to make these?!" Anyhow.....

Your candles are beautiful.... thank you for sharing...