Curing after first burn?

ubure

Is it possible to let a candle cure once more after having burned it for a first testing? Let's say I test burn my candle after 2 days curing and notice there's not enough throw - may I let it cure for another week and burn it again? Or is it "spoiled" forever?:rolleyes2

Testing is sooo difficult imo...:sad2:

Inez

I just mentioned this on the soy thread....I had made candles out of waxes C3, GB444 and GB402. I wasn't all that happy with their hot throws after a week cure time. I brought out the C3 one after 2+wks. of curing just to get rid of it and had a lot more powerful hot throw than the first testing of it. I pulled out the others to see if the same thing was happening and sure enough very fragrant like a candle should be. So even after the first burn they cured longer and better performers for me...yippee!

Yeah, I just read this a minute before - thanks for answering my question "once more"! I'm glad I don't have to throw these candles away but can give them a second chance (and a third one if necessary...rather not, even my patience isn't endless;))

:smiley2:Inez

The answer to your question is YES! If you test for throw soon after pouring, and don't get a good throw, the next step is usually to close the candle back up and wait a few more days. Once you know you've given enough time to cure and still not getting a great throw, then you look at other factors like the wick, fo, temp fo was added at, wax etc.

great, great, great - I get wiser everyday thanks to you!!

I've just come up from my "lab" downstairs where I poured some wonderful candles with absolutely smooth tops, simply by pouring at a much lower temp - as I've read the advice of some of you a couple of hours ago. I love this board!:yay:

Inez