Faulty wick-stickums from C&S

you know- I thought this was supposed to be a reputable company...I had ordered some supplies and also ordered some of their wick stickums.

I have had to repour a bunch of my candles 'cause they're coming loose after I pour!! and not from the jar, but from the wick tab itself. I emailed them and they suggested that perhaps I am pouring too hot :shocked2:....well, if 125 is too hot............they didn't offer to replace them or anything :cry2:. said they had no control over the quality.

that is just terrible customer service if you ask me. I will never order from them again!!!

Great I just ordered some from them. Haven't used them yet. What is up with their attitude lately??

all I can say is......be prepared.....but who knows?? maybe yours will be ok.

mine seemed ok ( I do "tug" on them ) but 5 mins after I poured my wax, they let loose!!

Ill also vouch for the lack of stickiness in their wick stickers. I recently received some from C&S; poured 23 candles yesterday at varying temps (some were poured as low as 100 degrees), and all of them came loose. REALLY infuriating!!!!

I know it shouldn't be necessary for you to do so, however, take a pair of pliers and recrimp them so it doesn' t come loose. I understand your frustration, however C&S doesn't make these, they buy them. How many wicks did you purchase? If a lot, then I would try calling them again, and asking them if you all could work out a solution.

Not quite the same situation, but I bought 1000 wicks from them quite a while back and the wicks were coming out of the tabs right and left. (I use silicone) I am used to being able to give my wicks a very gentle tug after pouring and while centering, and they just kept coming out...no matter how gentle I was. I went back to my old supplier learning that cheaper is not always better.

Ok, because in Iammommytwo's post she says, they were coming loose from the tab not the jar itself, so it is not the stickums in her case. I have had that happen before and now I make sure to crimp my wicks, if I get the cheaper ones. And it is very frustrating when you have already poured a candle.

I use Bittercreek for wick stickums and never had an issue with them not sticking. Theirs come in a roll not the sheets.

Yup, we use Bittercreek also....and even though I will be doing an order at C&S, I guess I won't be ordering the stickum's there. It would be nice to hear that they change their mind and try to help you with this situation.....

I emailed them and they suggested that perhaps I am pouring too hot

:shocked2:....well, if 125 is too hot............they didn't offer to replace them or anything :cry2:. said they had no control over the quality.that is just terrible customer service if you ask me. I will never order from them again!!!

OMG- the exact same thing happened to me..... but with molds. The molds were cracking. I emailed them and asked about a return/exchange policy and was told that the fault was that I was pouring too hot. First off- they had no idea what temp. I was pouring at and second (this is the one that kills me), I was told that the molds I bought were not for candles but for soap. CLEARLY, on the website, they were being sold as candle molds.

after about 4 emails with this person.... so full of typos and grammatical errors that actually made the emails unreadable AND never did address any of my questions, I got another email that stated someone was on vacation and had another person answering her emails for her. This email was readable and finally addressed my concerns.

Long story short- I was given a credit for all of the molds and not just the ones that had cracked. However, after this experience and the $10 shipping charge, I will not be ordering from them again. The response(s) that I got in the beginning were so bad that I actually had to laugh! Not a good way to do business.

I just opened up a bag of CD20's from C&S that I had left and wanted to finish up.

Poured my Candles abd 8 out of the 10 wicks came un-done!!

Glad I switched to Candlewic!!!:smiley2: Their wicks are wonderful!!!

ETS... BCN does have the best stick-ums!! IMO....

Ok, because in Iammommytwo's post she says, they were coming loose from the tab not the jar itself, so it is not the stickums in her case. I have had that happen before and now I make sure to crimp my wicks, if I get the cheaper ones. And it is very frustrating when you have already poured a candle.

yes, it is the actual stickums. but they are sticking to the jar, not the metal wick tab

You are out of your rock pickin' mind, boy!~! :P

Kim and I have poured literally THOUSANDS of fundraiser candles and used BC wick stickers. It's not BCN, or BCS. It's Bitter Creek (BC).

Not ONE came loose. So, I might think, you are insane. LMAO!!!

And, BTW~ we used paraffin and poured HOT.

BC? You mean BCN? They suck unless you pour slush, i thrEw it out cause they wanted me to send it back and i had to pay for the reshipping, no call tag, they came loose wayyyyyyyyyy to easy, other then that, THEY SUCK.;)

You are out of your rock pickin' mind, boy!~! :P

Kim and I have poured literally THOUSANDS of fundraiser candles and used BC wick stickers. It's not BCN, or BCS. It's Bitter Creek (BC).

Not ONE came loose. So, I might think, you are insane. LMAO!!!

And, BTW~ we used paraffin and poured HOT.

I must say I agree with the BC wicksticker dealie mabobbers... ;) I've gone through probably 3000+ of their stickers and I've had *maybe* 10 come loose... to me that's pretty good stuff - way better than hot glue! Now if I could get my glue dots to stick like that when I put my tie tags on, we'd be set! lol I pour my soy fairly hot compaired to other soy users - not slushy at all (never had luck with the slush :( ). I've never tried any others though... I order first from BCN because the shipping is quick and less expensive for me since they are so close (couple hops, a skip or two, and one big jump!). If for some reason they don't have what I want or something, then I go else where...

Life & Light!

Tish - who has still to get the wicksetter rhythm going... :rolleyes2 :P

Guest EMercier

I've always wanted to try them, but didn't. I'm glad I didn't. I use the glue dots and some stick and some don't. I've poured my soy slushy and they still don't stick.

I've noticed as well that their customer service has gone down hill. When I started making candles a few years ago, I would always drive there, since it's a short drive for me. They have really lost good people they used to have and the help wanted sign is always up. I don't know what's the deal with that. I orderd FO's and they never came. I called and told them and the lady said there was nothing they could do. Pissed me off! Normally I'll speak with Cindy or Lena and they help me out. I don't know who this new breed of people they have working there. I still order from them (especially wax) because it's cheaper for me since I'm a 30-40 minute drive from them, but I'm branched out.

BC? You mean BCN? They suck unless you pour slush, i thrEw it out cause they wanted me to send it back and i had to pay for the reshipping, no call tag, they came loose wayyyyyyyyyy to easy, other then that, THEY SUCK.;)

Just like mystical said...we poured thousands of Fundraiser candles last fall and not one of the BCN wickstickers came loose. (It is my understanding the BCN and BCS now have the same wick stickums)

Over the past 4 yrs I have used at least 30 to 40 rolls of the BCN wick stickums and I may have had 20 come loose.

When I first started I used the glue dots and those things were awful. I discoverd the BCN stickums after I had been making candles for about 6 months...Thank the lord!