A Whipped Soap Recipe

Brenda

Brenda thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to try a whipped soap since I found Nizzy's site last year... I have HUGE plans next week for whipped soap..I will not fail (well, that's what I have to tell myself *s*)...I'm tenacious ...such is the Capricorn.... so I can't wait to share my pictures...

I bought a Kitchen Aid and an extra bowl (the pink one for Breast Cancer).. for my recipe's and formulations... I don't use for food, but I would say for the poster that is concerned (i'm sorry, I forgot who said it) I would buy an extra bowl......

Well, I can't wait to get started. Brenda, I love your site by the way!

Okay....here's my question...what attachment do you use for this? I would think the white dohickey one would be good...I think the other wire whip is aluminum, right?

Can I still use my KA for cooking food after this? I'm worried the attachment should be left to B&B only.

Brenda, I am so excited to say that DH agreed I needed that KA. LOL with a little gentle persuasion on my part.

I made a whipped soap yesterday and am getting excited to cut it. I will be sending ya a bar to let me know what you think. Thank you so much for being the great sharing gal that you are. I also am loving your Fruity Patootie soap it is yummy.

Okay....here's my question...what attachment do you use for this? I would think the white dohickey one would be good...I think the other wire whip is aluminum, right?

Can I still use my KA for cooking food after this? I'm worried the attachment should be left to B&B only.

Lindsay - I use the wire whip with no ill effects at all to either the soap or the whip itself. I have my mom's old kitchenaid that I use for cooking because she didn't need it anymore. But before I had the extra one, I would just wash up the parts very thoroughly and use it! All the parts are nonporous, so shouldn't be tainted. Maybe some others can chime in on this, but I'm still alive and kicking!

Suzie - Congrats on the KA! :yay: Looking forward to seeing your 1st whipped soap on the gallery. :)(Glad you're enjoying the soap - I'm enjoying yours as well!)

Sorry Carol, I have to disagree that the KA whip or beater is stainless. I remembered the cleaning instructions said you could NOT put these into the dishwasher. I accidentally put my whip in the dishwasher and it's base piece got that funky corroded metal look that only aluminum does. :tongue2:

So I double checked on the KitchenAid site and here's an excerpt from their FAQ's:

Are the parts to the stand mixer dishwasher safe?

"...The (white) coated beaters are top rack dishwasher safe, but to prolong the use of the beaters they should be hand washed. The un-coated or burnished aluminum beaters and wire whip are hand wash only, as they may darken if put through the dishwasher...."

(Reading Brenda's post about her KA...)

Maybe the old KA attachments aren't aluminum? I bought mine (Professional 6 quart model) 4 years ago, so it's got the aluminum parts. Although in looking closely at my whip, only the base where the whips attach is corroded...the thin whip parts look just fine. The paddle beater looks like hell though. Bad dishwasher, bad! :(

FRUSTRATED HERE!!!!!!:waiting: I can't cut my logs to save my LIFE!!!!!! I did try the dental floss Brenda and it stuck 1/2 way through. Its fine w/ a soap cutter till I get to the bottom and it breaks off there. I've tried the crinkle cutter too! I think I'll be saving this recipe for cupcake "frosting" and the snowmen. I have 2 logs of crumbled soaps :cry2:. Its amazing how silky it is when washing w/ it.