What happened? Whats wrong?

Landa

Those little swirls are not supposed to be like that I dont think.They are a different consistency from the rest if the soap kind of like grease or oil that dried or something. It looks so weird and not right.

Castor oil 2 ounces

Cocoa butter 4 ounces

Coconut Oil 4 ounces

Olive oil 12 ounces

Palm oil 10 ounces

lye 4.3 ounces

water 12 ounces

That is the recipe I used.

Ahhh, must be my tired eyes. Looked fine in the pic...

As for the recipe, hopefully a more experience soaper will pop in. I'm still rather new, but the numbers don't look bad in Soap Calc. The only thing I can guess at is that possibly the quantity of Coconut and Palm can be drying to some people....

Actually I've found if your soap is drying right away, it will probably still be drying after it cures. I personally don't use any coconut oil and use palm kernel and try to keep it around 15 - 20% because of that. Your recipe has 43.75% coconut oil and palm, which is very high and very drying to some people. Try this variation, it brings your coconut oil and palm down to 26.6% and should help boost the moisturizing and still give you a good hard bar. Add 3 TBS of sugar melted in some of the water to your lye water and it will help boost your lather, for a great bar of soap.

Castor - 2 oz

Cocoa Butter - 3 oz.

Coconut Oil - 4oz

Olive Oil - 17oz

Palm - 4oz

Lye - 4.06 oz

Water - 9.95 oz

You can also shred up your batch of soap and add about 5 or 6 oz. of it to something like this recipe along with the sugar and it should also be a nice bar without losing your moisturizing and lather.

Castor - 2 oz.

Cocoa Butter - 2 oz.

coconut Oil 4 oz.

Olive Oil - 18 oz.

Lye - 3.52 oz

Water - 8.63 oz

Just a thought........HTH!!