1/2 oz tins at Walmart

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I know I may have seen this posted before, BUT I just came from Walmart and I bought those 1/2 oz tins for spices. I saw two sitting on the shelf as I was about to leave because I know I saw someone post here before that they got them, and I went all around that store looking for them and I just happened to look down in one isle and they had a whole container full of them. They are packaged in sets os three for $.50 each! I went crazy. I only bought $9.00 worth, but that's 54 tins. I wanted to package something like that. I saw it at dear ole Yankee in sets of four as a set. SO, I encourage any of you that have a Walmart near by to go buy tins. NO SHIPPING! I'm going back, I might buy the whole lot. I'm just soooooo happy! :)

They are usually somehwere in the kitchen area, sometimes hanging, sometimes bunch up in a basket. Don't have a pic handy but the tins are about 1-1/4" in dia, stacked in 3's and shrink wrapped together, you'd know them when you saw them.

$0.50 is a great deal, they are usually $.094. Off to Wal-Mart :grin2:

I went to our rinky dink Wal-Mart and not to my surprise they didn't have any. Guess I'll have to go to a bigger one. And to take this one step further they're none to speedy in putting up Halloween stuff. I wish they would hurry.

Guest EMercier

Yankee used them in an acetate (hope I spelled that correct) box that is long and can fit four. I saw it at Borders books one day for $10.99. I had to go all over the store and like I said I happened to look down and saw them near the seasonal stuff. They weren't anywhere near the kitchen stuff. I know I'm going back. This is a steal for me. I really wanted to use these to package samples or to put into a gift set. I was thinking of different ways to package them. Check this out. http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7a.html

I know SKS has them, it's 5563-02. They are $61.92 for a case of 144. That's like $.43 each. I bought 54 for $9.00 at about $.16 each. I saved money and as I said earlier and no shipping. Barely any gas because the Walmart is like 2 minutes away from me! If I had enough money I'd go to the 3-4 Walmarts here are buy them out for those who can't get them.

I feel like I struck pay dirt! Last year after Christmas I was browsing the markdown aisle at Wal-Mart and stumbled across these little tins. There were six to a package, I believe (could have been three to a package ... it's been a while!), and they were marked down to 25 cents a package! I snapped up every package they had, not knowing what I would even use them for, but being the bargain shopper that I am, I couldn't resist buying them. I stuck them in my "craft closet" at home and forgot all about them until I read this post! I'm going to be making sniffer samples out of them now!! I love Candletech!!!!