full size bundt cake candle

I have made them both ways, open center and filled center.

My problem is the icing. It's white when I pour it on but over time the icing fades or turns a shade of brown as if the icing is soaking up some of the cake color. I have tried many different wax formulas and the icing still discolored over time. Next I will add UV Additive and see if that helps.

candle man would you share how you go the wax in the middle? I was thinking about making the cake using a regular bundt pan but I would think when you poured the middle even if you set it in something it would run out the bottom?

http://www.cakecandle.com/html/Catalog/1017.html

I bought a candle like this 5 years ago, it still smells great. What I cant figure out is how they get the wax in the middle, its full size and with mine it looks like they made the cake then added the middle wax.Has anyone made any like this?

Dixiegal,

I am partial to bakery-scented candles. Do these have good hot throw?

I don't know anything about making these, but did you notice they're over 6 pounds and only burn 90 hours? Just an observation, I'm sure yours would burn longer, but I think that's almost a waste of wax. Of course, I don't imagine many people actually burn them either.

Dixiegal,

I am partial to bakery-scented candles. Do these have good hot throw?

the one I bought I have never burned but the cold throw is great, even after 5 years not as strong as when I first got it but you can still smell it.

I don't know anything about making these, but did you notice they're over 6 pounds and only burn 90 hours? Just an observation, I'm sure yours would burn longer, but I think that's almost a waste of wax. Of course, I don't imagine many people actually burn them either.

I dont plan on burning it, its going to be part of a center piece for my table this fall I do plan on wicking it though just so people know its a candle

the one I bought I have never burned but the cold throw is great, even after 5 years not as strong as when I first got it but you can still smell it.

You can sit it in a warm place or use a hair dryer (not a heat gun) to help bring back a little bit stronger scent for that old of a candle. Just don't let it get so hot that the wax melts or drips.

I too would like to know about the wicking. I've been wanting to make some of these except in smaller sizes and have no idea as to how and when to wick them. Candleman please chime in with your vast amount of knowledge!!:bow:

do you drill holes in the top of the pan and pre-wick before pouring?

That is one beautiful centerpiece!

You can but I use 8 metal rods like coat hanger, the size of wick pins. I insert the rods when the wax has set up enough to hold the rods. You have to place them just right or the wick hole will be off on the top side. Then check the rods as the wax cools to make sure they are still straight.

I'm in the process of making a multi wick pin for bunt cakes, that way all i have to do is place and forget it. It will be made so it attaches either in the middle or the outside.

I too would like to know about the wicking. I've been wanting to make some of these except in smaller sizes and have no idea as to how and when to wick them. Candleman please chime in with your vast amount of knowledge!!:bow:

If you are making the mini (cupcake size) you can just pour then un-mold and place on a liped cookie sheet then place tabbed wick in center then finn center and drizzle with icing.

Another way is make mini bunt cake, un-mold then place on a liped cookie sheet fill center & drizzle icing. When completely cool use a heated ice pick to make the wick hole.

Here is another type of bundt looking mold you could try. I have a couple of these and they are great! It's a tupperware jello mold and has interchangeable tops. No need to worry about filling a hole in the center since it's one solid cavity. I've used it to make a candle and it worked perfect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250015763366

I used IGI 1343 wax with brown and black liquid dye, and mixed Hershey's Chocolate, Graham Cracker and a little Hot Cocoa for the cake. I let the wax cool and get lumpy and slushy and then poured it so it would have a more cakey look. Here's a pic of the cake before I decorated it, I love the star shape in the top of the mold:

BUNDT2.jpg