Can someone help me with Avery Design Pro software PLEEEZZ

Michi

I'm trying to make some business cards, and I want to have a black border around the outside edges, but every time I try to do it, it doesn't come out, it'll come out on 3 sides but not one side, what's up with that? I'm not sure if I'm even doing it right, I just used the lining tool and made it a bit wider and put it around the edges, but it's hard to see the template that I'm covering, (if that makes any sense) so I can't see if I'm centered or not.

Anyone have a better/easier way of doing this, or can help me through it please??? I really like the concept/design I came up with but it looks sooo cheesy right now, I'd hate to give these out to prospective customers, KWIM??

TIA

Michelle

While I can't help you with the program, I can tell you to print on cheap paper first! (super cheap paper, you want it as thin as possible) After you print, hold it up to the light business cards in back to see if everything is where you want it. Works for labels too. That stuff is just too expensive for errors!

Go into the file menu, and there should be a place to calibrate your printer. That may need done. then throw in some cheap paper, and try it out. Hold the cheapo paper in front of the buisness card stock, and hold up to the light, you should be able to see if it lines up ok.

Another suggestion would be to move your borders in a smidge. If you run it to the outside too much, it may affect the way it turns out (I have a border around mine also). Did you use a template to lay the cards out? You may play with going in and arranging your specs to fit a tad better if needed. You may alos want to go into the view section (I think) and then click on display unprintable area, that may help ya out too!