Muslin bag fresheners

I make these, but use organza bags instead of the muslin.

The way I was told to do these is put two cups of corn cob and one ounce of fragrance in a glass container with a lid (a large jar, etc.). Shake a few times a day until the fragrance has all been absorbed. It usually takes anywhere from one day to a week, depending on the fragrance. Then measure out the amount you want to put into your bag.

Hope this has been helpful. Everyone else on this board has been very helpful to me and Im glad I could try to help someone else.

Pam

scentimentalgifts@hotmail.com

AtticMonkey:

I've been making the corn cob fresheners for about a year now. The length of fragrance retention varies with the scent you use. I always use my strongest scents in these and forget about the lighter scents because they just don't last very long. My experience has been that Twigs-n-Berries, Mountain Lake, Storm Watch, Clean Cotton, Cornucopia, Ocean Water, Herbal Ecstacy, Moonlight Path and few others, that I can't think of at the moment...lasted anywhere from 3 weeks to a month. I'd say that's pretty good. Yankee Candles Car Jars don't even last that long. I use to get 2-3 weeks out of those...if I was lucky. Periodically, I scrunch the bag to stir around the corn cobs to release more fragrance. Cross ventilation in the car will also get the scent swirling around the car again. The key is using a good quality, strong fragrance oil to get the best results.

what are organza bags and where can i get them.

Go to any packaging company and type in organza bags. They ought to show up. They're just a finally netted material, come in a variety of colors, usually have a satin drawstring. They're prettier than the muslin lol.

what are organza bags and where can i get them.

You can find them several places if you want different colored ones. I only use the white ones, they sell better for me. The cheapest place I have found for the white ones are at http://www.cudge.net/wed_detail7.htm

They cost 17.88 for 108 of them, and the shipping to my zip makes it right under 22.00. Matter of fact I just ordered some more yesterday. HTH:smiley2: