how to swirl in the log mold

moefun

Don't have a picture but I got these tips from Carmen. When you are making your soap you can swirl it in the pot and than pour into mold. Or take some of your soap set aside and color it. Once you get your base soap into the mold pour the colored soap into the log from High about the mold. (Than I take a scewer and swirl it around in the soap to make sure that I have some sort of swirl in there.) and the key is to do this when the soap is still runny. If it is to thick the color will just sit on top of the soap and than you have two tone soap.

Hope that helps. I am not very good on explainantions.

I seem to use about 10-12% of the batch for color. That gives me enough color, but some like a stronger swirl. I add it to the log twice - I pour 1/2 my batch, then pour 1/2 my color. Finish up the batch, then pour the rest of the color, and swirl with a stick. Takes practice to get the right consistency.

It looks like you got your color to the bottom - that's the hard part. Maybe try less colored soap - about 4-6 oz?

I seem to use about 10-12% of the batch for color. That gives me enough color, but some like a stronger swirl. I add it to the log twice - I pour 1/2 my batch, then pour 1/2 my color. Finish up the batch, then pour the rest of the color, and swirl with a stick. Takes practice to get the right consistency.

It looks like you got your color to the bottom - that's the hard part. Maybe try less colored soap - about 4-6 oz?

I do my swirls the same way...