Im gonna be a coffee bean makin fool!!

KJohnson

Good luck w/ making all those beans; I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run, but oh so tedious!

when did candle making become so difficult? I am SO CONFUSED

Candle making became complicated the smarter people got, lol, & the more we learned about the technical aspects of a truly well-made candle that burns perfectly w/o dripping, w/o leaving an over-wide rim, w/o sooting wicks, etc, esp in comparison to store bought crap. ;)

To scrape the wax off the top of my molds I use an old credit card. Works best if the wax has set up just a little. Also a parin' knife. and if it is too hard use a heat gun to heat the wax a little and scrape some more. Love the coffee beans. I have a few yellow silcone molds and can hardly get the wax out. Also have a couple of white silicone and the grubby one ripped. The type of silicone seems to make a difference on the ease of use.

A business card works too for scraping then just throw away....

• 6 months later...
So the price to buy wax coffee beans was killing me....So i purchased a silicone mold to make them myself...So this picture is my first attempt last night.

I must say I think the reason they are so expensive to buy already made is because it takes time to pour those tiny little beans.(and not make a huge mess while doing it) But I am thrilled with this mold I bought..they look just like real coffee beans...and I got the color perfect (for me) on the first try..Thanks for looking!

Kris

Could you tell me where you got this mold? Way cool! I haven't run across any. I've only seen the imbeds for sale.

Thanks,

technical aspects of a truly well-made candle that burns perfectly w/o dripping, w/o leaving an over-wide rim, w/o sooting wicks, etc, esp in comparison to store bought crap.

Well, I guess that kinda depends... some folks WANT candles to leave shells and don't consider their candles to be comparable to "store bought crap." The beans don't burn embedded in the shell. At least the ones we have made never have... :wink2: I had a large candle given to me years back that had embedded seashells (but not in the center). Those didn't burn or scorch either because the candle was wicked to burn down the middle and left the beautiful shells in the shell so I could relight it with a votive for the next 33 years, coming up on 34.:D

Its been a while since I purchaded this mold. I can not remember the sellers name....but I bought it on ebay just go to ebay and search for coffee bean embed mold...you should find it

Thanks. I didn't want to wait for a bid to go through on ebay so I found it online. Very cool! The dixie cup pouring is an awesome idea! Can't wait to get mine in and the shipping was only $5.00. Total was $19.95.

http://www.flexiblemolds.com/

• 4 weeks later...

I would probably not buy these for the fact that the coffee beans are not wax. You have to think you are putting these above a candle and that makes them HOT!!! I would be afraid of them catching on fire. Maybe you can search a little more for someone that makes melts with wax coffee beans.