Im gonna be a coffee bean makin fool!!

KJohnson

So the price to buy wax coffee beans was killing me....So i purchased a silicone mold to make them myself...So this picture is my first attempt last night.

I must say I think the reason they are so expensive to buy already made is because it takes time to pour those tiny little beans.(and not make a huge mess while doing it) But I am thrilled with this mold I bought..they look just like real coffee beans...and I got the color perfect (for me) on the first try..Thanks for looking!

Kris

post-1508-139458406301_thumb.jpg

If I click on the pic it gets larger. I think you did a great job on the beans.

The trick to molds with small openings like coffee beans is put the mold on some foil and use a small container to pour your wax from. After you pour in the mold than take something like a ruler and run it over the top to take off the excess wax. hth

Janet

coffee beans in candles? I did when I made them several years ago. This is what I ment when I said "when did candle making become so difficult"

I am SO CONFUSED

By the way... Your beans look great!

They are flammable. My first try didn't catch on fire, but there sure was alot of smoke, lol.

Those look great. I'm glad to see the suggestions given also. I have a pecan mold that's a PITA and also a small cherry that I've not attempted yet because the holes are so small. I'm going to try these techniques.

I have a melon ball mold that I used once and put it away....the balls are so difficult to get out of the little hole....my forearms and hands hurt after fighting with that mold for so long...and the mold started to split in a couple of places...would love to know what the secret it....just don't have the patience to try again.

Chris

Thank you!

Im using Peaks 1260 and some UV to get this color I use brown dye and black

I did try thr ruler thing someone else had posted..what a mess...I am better off carefully pouring each bean so that I dont have to clean up the edges...

a pipette is like a dropper but plastic. When I pour my embeds, I use the 3 oz paper dixie cups and squeeze the cup together and it makes a spout, then I just pour my wax into it and pour and it is way easy. I do like the pipette idea for the tiny molds though.