Woo-hoo! No buggies in my sugar scrub!

guppygirl

DH just rolls his eyes and tunes me out when I start talking about this stuff, but I know some of you can appreciate this!

I sent out my sugar scrub to a microbiologist for testing (yes, I'm just that paranoid!) to make sure that I've been making it correctly and that there were no strange things growing in it. Just got word that it came back clean - with no increased bacterial/fungal growth (this is a good thing!)

Now to save up for challenge testing...

Are you planning on doing that with each batch or just to see if you are on the right track? Is the testing expensive?

I did it more to make sure I was on the right track. I would like to test on a regular basis, though at $30 for both tests it's a bit cost prohibitive for me right now. I'll have to see how orders go for the scrubs as I have a bunch of samples out there right now :)

Hey that's great news! But knowing how particular you are about good sanitation, I'm not surprised that your results showed no germ growth. ;)

Don't worry, you'll get lots of sales of your scrubs. Not only are they bacterially sound, but they have the most awesome texture balance of scrubby & fluffiness of any sugar scrub I've tried. Your scrubs are da bomb!! :yay:

Hey that's great news! But knowing how particular you are about good sanitation, I'm not surprised that your results showed no germ growth. ;)

Don't worry, you'll get lots of sales of your scrubs. Not only are they bacterially sound, but they have the most awesome texture balance of scrubby & fluffiness of any sugar scrub I've tried. Your scrubs are da bomb!! :yay:

I second that!

I wanna do scrubs half as good as yours girl. Your scrubs kick serious booty. Congrats on the no buggie thing. What does something like that set a person back anyway, if I can ask? (The torture version.)

I second that!

I wanna do scrubs half as good as yours girl. Your scrubs kick serious booty. Congrats on the no buggie thing. What does something like that set a person back anyway, if I can ask? (The torture version.)

:o aww, shucks guys, thanks!

Hey grumpy... pm'd ya on the testing. BTW, check your box of shea for a couple goodies :)