cardboard air fresheners

LynnS

I just ordered 8 different designs of these.I am thinking about just a string to hang but wondered if that would be tacky and if anyone who is doing these have other ideas.I am making them as car air fresheners to hang on the mirror.

Thank You

LynnS

anna,

Thank you for the ideas.This is my first time doing these and wondered how long have you been doing them and if they SELL?I tried the corn cob sachets for cars etc and did not sell that many.Some but not as many as I wanted.My friend said they were strong and she liked the one I gave her. So now trying these.Simple to do and not costly.

I use Beading Cord elastic you get @ Wal-Mart in the sewing section not the craft section. It comes as 5 yards and is priced 87 cents then I cut mine to 10 inches each. That length works just fine to streach around the mirror. BTW it only comes in white. I also use the 1/8" hole punch for the hole.

Islandgirl

Bell and Company Traders.I had told this on another post weeks ago and had the name as Bell and Traders so looked it up in my favorites.Now hope my computer never goes on the blink or I will forget again.Think I will put it on a index card and file it.If you don't get the exact name it won't come up.They are in KY. FREE SHIPPING.Also the cost per freshener is about $.40 each.I think 12 different designs.

WOW lots of ideas.Thanks for all of them.I can't wait to get started when the order comes in.I have to get on it because my first show is Sept 17 and 18.Then another a week after that.Seems in this area there are shows every week-end till Christmas.

Freezin

Yes I e-mailed her about shapes of animals.I work with animal groups and think those would be good.She said she had thought about that.I bet though the more you make the more decisions and their head would spin.I think it is all in their home and they have great idea.This is my first order but almost a year ago I thought about it.You know that the more shapes the more decisions like i mentioned.So if there was a rose I would have to have that and so and so forth.I know I got both the primitive heart and regular heart.Now why I am not sure DA? I will see which one sells.

IdA,

On Bell and Company you have a choice of colors.About 10 choices.You say you have some?Did you get them from another company?I will say I thought you spritz the scent on but after reading BELL site you use a brush to put on the scent.Makes sense as the spritz would be blotchy.

I stayed with red for my 2 styled hearts, yellow for a flower, pink for cancer awareness and so forth.I now wish I would have made 1/2 flowers blue and 1/2 yellow.

Lynn

Yes I did get them from Bell. I saw somewhere where someone used some kind of dye to make the cowboy boot look more like leather. But of course I can't remember where I saw it now!! I think it was candle dye and I think it was brushed on too.

Lynn - you are so right about that. I mean it really could become never ending on shapes. Animals, vehicles, different flowers, etc. But, if she did, think of all the fun we would have....LOL. Oh, but then think about all the money we would spend...yikes....:o

Ida,

I thought about the boot and wondered what color?Don't want pink blue etc so I ordered the Kraft color.Did you see that on the site.If it wasn't there I was not going to get the boot.Also was black there? My mind is not sure.If so wish I would have ordered half in black and half in kraft.I better check that out.First though want to see if these sell.

For the price in this area it would have to be close to $1.00.The most would be $1.50-$2.00.OOPPSSS I am forgetting the work, the package, label, the shape and the hang tie.Now thinking a little harder and THINK $1.50. What about some of you??What do you think they are worth??Sounds like this is all new to us.

The color of the boot was brown. Yes I got the kraft boots, not sure if they have black. I don't remember. Using the brown dye made it look more like leather. On the oak court directions page they give ideas for decorating. If I remember right, please check me, it's early, they suggest that you should mix the dye with the FO. Worth a try anyway! Lynn, I pm'd you!

Have a good day!

Ida