why the color changed?

Hi, I was making one of my first candles. I made it of jasmine. It smells great .I tried it for a few hours for several days (the color of the candle is a soft blue) and after burning the candle for a few days noticed that the top of the candle is turning sort of green. Can anyone explain this or is this normal? thanks for your help in advance!:cheesy2:

I can't explain it, but thought you'd like to know I've had a similar experience w/ Magnolia FO. I didn't add any color to the 6006 wax I was using, but when I burn it, & the melt pool later solidifies, it has a very, very pale blue color cast. It's a nice color, so I don't mind it, but it is 'odd', I think.

some waxes have a natural "yellow" tinge to them....I would think that the blue, because it is so pale, when mixed with the yellow in the wax makes green.????????? Also many FO's have a pale yellow tint. Can't fool the color wheel. Donita

some waxes have a natural "yellow" tinge to them....I would think that the blue, because it is so pale, when mixed with the yellow in the wax makes green.????????? Also many FO's have a pale yellow tint. Can't fool the color wheel. Donita
I think you may be onto something with the FO color in particular. I poured a few deep blue pillars today with an FO that was exceptionally yellow, and I can already see a slight tint towards teal in the shade I got. If the initial color is pale blue, that could easily fade from the heat and show more yellow from the wax or especially the FO.

If that's undesirable, you'd want to start with a deeper shade of blue.