Cocoanut Oil

mary_jennets

You can always shred the coconut soap, make another batch and throw in some of the shreds. It makes a pretty bar of soap especially if the new soap is a vanilla or something that turns brown and your coconut soap is white!!

The reason i'm asking is because my mp base has to much coconut oil and I bought 150 pounds of the stuff. There's nothing I can blend it in with (like another soap base or something, and I would rather not buy more) and I am not going to use lye just yet (to many little ones around). So's can I save my base? TIA

what do you mean it has to much coconut in it? Are you saying it has to much because it seems to be drying? Or because of the smell? If you bought it from a reputable seller and you are unhappy with the product I would try to return it, that happened to me when I first started, I started with M&P and the first bases I bought had a terrible smell, FO and EO would not even combat the odor, so I called the supplier and told them I was very unhappy with the base and why and they let me send it back.

Michelle

I bought the Stephonson base from Brambleberry. transparent, Clear and Goat's Milk. Doesn't have any funny smell and all the F.O.'s I have used have worked (the body safe ones of course), I don't use E.O.'s just yet.

Thanks Elle110.

I think I was expecting to much from M. & P. soap and it might be just because it's M. & P.

Thanks Ducky, i'll try the glycerin and see what happens.

MH :smiley2: :) :smiley2: :)