Brown Sugar in CP Soap?

Kymber

Hopefully someone can help me with this.......I am making a batch of goats milk soap today and want to add oatmeal and brown sugar. Since I am very new at this........how much per pound of each would you add. And at which point would you add it (I think the oatmeal at trace but just not sure about the brown sugar)? Thanks in advance for helping!

I have never done CP but I have put brown sugar in MP and HP. If you want the sugar to cook or melt, then add it inthe beginning. If you want it to act as a scrubby, or add texture to the soap, add it closer to the end. (This is what I do for HP.) As far as the amount, I don't know LOL. When I do it, I just toss some in.

I think I am going to add it after the oatmeal and try swirling it in and see what happens? It should give it a real prim look which I like or it will be a huge mess and I will chalk it up to live and learn. As far as measuring......I am good at "dumping" so will try that method....LOL!