Do any of you offer newsletters for your customers??

mindy5140

If so what do you put in them?? I was asked by a handful of customers if I offered a newsletter, and I told them no. But now they got me thinking I should.

But what else would you put in the newsletter other than a sale or a sale comming up, New scents, New items, and burning tips.

TIA,

Mindy :)

Until I get my website back up, I sell primarily through newletters. I usually note what new fragrances I have, special pricing, etc. I've also informed my buyers about potential price increases (due to rising wax costs), things like that. I do add burning tips, not that I think that many people use them, lol. You can use an actual newsletter format and attach it, or just send a fancy email with stationery. I ask for scent requests, and also have some customer testimonials, etc.

I'd offer to email you one of mine, but my PC died and with it went all my old ones.

You can put anything in your newsletters besides your new products and fragrances.

You could include a food recipe, a puzzle, horoscopes, interesting "factoids," or pictures. You could also discuss color trends in home decor, aromatherapy; or you could have a contest, asking readers to come up with a name for your newest candle fragrance.

Those are just a few ideas that popped in my mind.

Mindy...I do not offer a Newsletter at this time, but i had to drop in and tell you that I have been thinking about you all day!

I had misplaced some of my SWAP goodies from a LONG time ago. I relocated them and the first thing I wanted to indulge in were your Orange Clove Melt-A-Ways. My house has smelled so uniquely mysterious ALL DAY today. They are the BEST I have had in a long time. Really Really good. Sorry to jump subjects here....but I thought you should know, these things are excellent!:yay:

Thanks guys you are so creative. I'll be trying to get my topics in order today to write my first newsletter.

Thanks again,

Thanks Michael, you made my day :). Orange Clove is my best seller (NG) people around here can't get enough of it. I also made Orange Clove Melts for the Sample Swap, lol.

I just started one last month...

I put all my sales, upcoming shows, special Internet discounts, also asked people to sign up now and book their fall fundraisers..

(Got one booked so far from the newsletter)

I also thanked all my customers, friends and family.

This month I will put a coupon in it for my show next month..

I also go a wholesale account out of it!!!:grin2:

I'm going to be offering a newsletter both through e-mail and a direct mailing every month. In fact, our first one will be coming out on Tuesday, so check out our website if you want to sign up!

Other than that, we will be offering coupons, tips, and information about upcoming sales and new items, scents, stuff like that!

I will be sending my first newsletter out this week:) I collected email addresses via my site and have a pretty good list. I'm going to include a few handmade product facts, tips, contests, coupons, etc.

I have a newsletter through Bravenet and so far I haven't had any trouble using it. If you know HTML you can do lots of cool things with it. I put newsletter subscriber discounts, mini poll's and lots of other things in mine.

It's funny as I was working on different things to put into a newsletter. I had a customer come to my house to pick up her order and she asked about a newsletter, I told her that I'm working on one now. She was so excited, she asked me if I was going to have any contests.

So this is what I have so far.

Candle Tips- I know they might not listen but it's worth a shot, I only put 2 tips.

Scent Of The Month Club Info- I've had requests for this for the upcomming holiday season. And I only put my best selling items.

Name That Scent Contest- winner will recieve 8 Melts of 1 scent of their choice.

New Scents Comming Out This Month- Which are only 4

Requests

This Months Sale

Testimonials from customers Including wholesale customers.

Do you think that's to much???

Thanks everybody for helping me, I'm thinking of including a recipe in my other newsletters especially for the holidays.

It's funny as I was working on different things to put into a newsletter. I had a customer come to my house to pick up her order and she asked about a newsletter, I told her that I'm working on one now. She was so excited, she asked me if I was going to have any contests.

So this is what I have so far.

Candle Tips- I know they might not listen but it's worth a shot, I only put 2 tips.

Scent Of The Month Club Info- I've had requests for this for the upcomming holiday season. And I only put my best selling items.

Name That Scent Contest- winner will recieve 8 Melts of 1 scent of their choice.

New Scents Comming Out This Month- Which are only 4

Requests

This Months Sale

Testimonials from customers Including wholesale customers.

Do you think that's to much???

Thanks everybody for helping me, I'm thinking of including a recipe in my other newsletters especially for the holidays.

I actually just started one too.

I am letting customers know what is new. I am running specials on it. One for people that like the completed things such as candles, soaps, etc and ones that make candles. Got have specials for them.

I am also letting customers know of new items that we are going to introduce and when to expect them. There will be prebuys on it too.

Another thing that I am doing is product reviews.

I am going to also have other things like recipes, fun facts (when I can find them) Upcoming shows and I am going to have a list of places where people can find my products.

Hope this helps.