Presto Pot

Well, I have only one. What I do is let the wax set up, then heat it just a bit to separate it (if you can spin it its good to go), turn it off, then just poke something in the surface (be careful) and lift the whole cylinder of wax out and wrap in wax paper (mark what it is) for later use. Wipe out residue with a paper towel.

If its just a bit I'll pour votives or something with it.

(This what you mean?)

Oh HenryK thank you so much. What you described is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much. I tried something similar to that today. The only thing that I did different was I tipped the presto pot over but some of the wax that melted splattered everywhere when the hard wax came out. Not a very good idea. Yours is much better! Thanks!:smiley2:

I try to have just enough too - but I always seem to have a bit left over (or usually not enough)! I've done the foil thing too (I think wax paper would melt, but would assume parchment paper wouldn't). Lately I've been using small (they only hold a few ounces) paper cups too - those wax lined ones you see sold - I double them just in case. I've not had any issues with them holding wax poured at around 170. I used them to do layered rustics too when I know later in the process I will want to use the same exact color of wax for a layer further down in the pillar. Its easy to just peel away the paper and pop it back in the pot to melt again.

Oh HenryK thank you so much. What you described is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much. I tried something similar to that today. The only thing that I did different was I tipped the presto pot over but some of the wax that melted splattered everywhere when the hard wax came out. Not a very good idea. Yours is much better! Thanks!:smiley2:

Oh yes - know what you mean - you have to just heat enough until it just separates - not until there is a lot of wax. You just want to melt the surface of the wax where it adheres to the pot - that's all - no more. Meaning, it should take no more than one paper towel to get out the extra few drops of wax that stay in. You just have to be careful - and don't DROP the wax if you melted it too much. If you see wax coming up the sides back on to the top surface of wax - you did it TOO much - let it harden up again, better safe than sorry. I should mention that I don't do with pounds of wax - just say an inch or two - whatever that is. Naturally I assumed you were measuring out your wax to begin with for your session, its just any possible left over I meant.

If I am doing votives and have a bit left over, I just pop it into a tart mold and have one or two for myself! No matter how hard I try, I ALWAYS have a bit extra....unless, of course, it has been one of those days and I make a total mess of pouring and have it all over the place...then I am short wax.....I have yet to see the day that it works out perfectly!

If I am feeling really frugal, I will pour left-over container wax into tart molds, freeze them, and use them for myself at home. Just hate the cleanup of the tart burner afterwards......

If I am feeling really frugal, I will pour left-over container wax into tart molds, freeze them, and use them for myself at home. Just hate the cleanup of the tart burner afterwards......
Tart burner clean up is easy. Just put the burner in the freezer for a bit, and it will just pop out. Before I learned this trick it was always a mess!!!!

Well, I have only one. What I do is let the wax set up, then heat it just a bit to separate it (if you can spin it its good to go), turn it off, then just poke something in the surface (be careful) and lift the whole cylinder of wax out and wrap in wax paper (mark what it is) for later use. Wipe out residue with a paper towel.

If its just a bit I'll pour votives or something with it.

(This what you mean?)

Have you been peaking in my window?? LMAO, these are my exact steps! :grin2:

I usually just pour it into my toilet and flush what ever is left, or I put it in the kitchen sink.:o

LMAO wootoo!!!!

Is this a trick question?

I'm wondering the same thing....

How hard is it to pour out the melted wax into a storage container of some type??

Tart burner clean up is easy. Just put the burner in the freezer for a bit, and it will just pop out. Before I learned this trick it was always a mess!!!!

Good Grief....why didn't I think of that?!?! LOL

I put the tart mold in the freezer to get the wax out....now would it have been that hard to carry it to the next step and put the burner in??? Apparently so!!

:tiptoe: I scare myself sometimes.............

Thanks for the tip!

I try to have just enough too - but I always seem to have a bit left over (or usually not enough)! I've done the foil thing too (I think wax paper would melt, but would assume parchment paper wouldn't). Lately I've been using small (they only hold a few ounces) paper cups too - those wax lined ones you see sold - I double them just in case. I've not had any issues with them holding wax poured at around 170. I used them to do layered rustics too when I know later in the process I will want to use the same exact color of wax for a layer further down in the pillar. Its easy to just peel away the paper and pop it back in the pot to melt again.

I use muffin pans to pour extra wax into .. they just pop right out.

Cindy