Question on Juried shows fee...

I searched and could not find anything on this. I even googled my question, and nothing :) If I apply for a juried show, and am not accepted, do I get back the fee I sent along with my application? I know it may sound like a silly question, but this is my first time applying, and I have never done this before. TIA :)

Actually in most of the shows we're in, they send the fee back with your pictures. We do have one that won't take a fee till they've approved the vendors. We like that method best of course.

Guess it depends on where you're at. Might ask in the future before applying to the show(s).

Actually in most of the shows we're in, they send the fee back with your pictures. We do have one that won't take a fee till they've approved the vendors. We like that method best of course.

Guess it depends on where you're at. Might ask in the future before applying to the show(s).

Haven't applied, so did not lose anything. There was nothing in the application, so I will give them a call and find out that way.

The one I was talking about that I didnt get into, there was a $25 jury fee. You sent that in with your pictures, biography, etc (big show!) and then you didnt send in your booth fee until you were accepted. I've always thought jury fees werent refunded, weird to hear that some are!

A jury fee and/or an application fee may be two different things. A jury fee (as already defined) would most likely NOT be refunded for the obvious reasons. However, you may also be paying an application or show fee, which would probably be refunded if you were not accepted.