My first try at palm

cybersix

:yay: Thanks to Mozzie!!! She came visit me (what a lovely person!!) and she broght me some palm wax to try. This is a 3x3 pillar made with cloudy (I guess it's crystallizing) palm wax, scented spring rain (again, thanks to Mozzie!). The color was jade, but this wax makes all colors lighter!

post-1267-139458406229_thumb.jpg

Very pretty, Sabrina - I'm too scared to try palm wax due to the wicking issues, but I love the looks of it!

yes, i love the look very much, I'm seraching for a way to buy some palm wax somewhere, but it's really hard for me!

Thank you!

Perfect !

You picked a good height too IMO. Pouring 3x3 or 3x4 (or 3x3.5 or 3x4.5) should give you a good looking palm candle even as it burns to the bottom. (I used to use LXs in my palms but haven't made them in a while).

:yay: thank you!! the orchid pillar burned for about three hours (just a bit more) with a 36 ply FB.. and it still has a thick shell.. about half inch.. is it right?

I got a weak hot throw, but since I used an FO I don't know, I can't tell if it's because the quality of FO or something else.. it's an Alabaster FO (never used), I used it at 5%.

Thanks to all!

Very pretty, Sabrina - I'm too scared to try palm wax due to the wicking issues, but I love the looks of it!

Oh come on Judy- you make gorgeous candles. They are not that hard to wick, I promise. It's rumors that many have a hard time, but trust me, you can nail it with a few wicks :-)