Something Interesting about Candlewic

Last week I wrote to Candlewic and asked why they didn't carry 1 oz samplers of their fragrances any more. I got a response from one of their representatives that said that they didn't sell well so they decided to make a business decision and remove all sizes except for the 8 and 16 oz sizes. I wrote them back expressing disappointment in this and the possiblity that they could be loosing quite a few potential customers because of this decision, especially, because most chandlers want to sample a small amount for testing before committing to purchasing a larger amount. I said that I personally have not purchased any more fragrances from them because although I have purchased some in the past and was very pleased with what I got, I couldn't see myself purchasing an 8 or 16 oz bottle of fo for testing purposes. I offered a suggestion to them once before regarding stocking some of today's more popular fragrance oils that other companies offered...and believe it or not...they did it. Check out their new fragrance line. I also said that I belonged to a candlemakers forum and the majority of us would not purchase a large amount of fo for testing and would not want to be out of a significant amount of money on an fo that we may not even like. Well guess what? Bill Binder, the owner Candlewic wrote to me once again and said that my email was discussed internally and they have decided, based on what I wrote in my email regarding the sample sizes needed for testing, that it made sense to once again offer the 1 oz samples. He said it may take a little while to get it set up to do that again, but that they will. Pretty good, huh? Candlewic would be pretty much a one stop shop for me since I get all of my wax, wicks, dyes and molds from them. When they had the smaller sample sized fo's I got some of those as well. Of course I'll buy from other suppliers since they can't offer every scent I might want, but I think a lot of East Coast people will love being able to purchase a whole lot more in one place and save significantly on shipping. Just thought I'd spread the word.

Oh that's just great!! A valid excuse to spend more money.

Actually, that is great. Their FO selection has improved much in the past year or so. I have a few oils that are very nice but like you mentioned, I'm hesitant to purchase 8oz. just to end up not liking it. Good for Candlewic.

That's good to here about the FO.

What about their shipping?

I wanted to order a case of 5055 wax, because they are the only supplier I found it at. I added it to the shopping cart then went to check out and the shipping was 69% the cost of the wax. From other suppliers I only pay on average of 20% for shipping. What's up with them?

I order wicks and FO from CW, every now and then wax, molds, t-lite cups and get votive molds free all the time. Wish they had the wick thingies that go with them free sometimes. If I ever have a problem they have always made it good. Will deffinently try more scents now that they are get 1 oz in. Hope the prices are not out of reach. Hurry I need Storm Watch.

Way to go Fern! That's fabulous news! :highfive: Candlewic has been my sole supplier for most things too, apart from scents and molds. I don't live very far from them so have been to their factory a number of times and their staff are always courteous and helpful, and deal with problems quickly and efficiently. The scents of theirs that I've tried have been great, but as you said, trying too many 4 or 8oz bottles can become costly. Now, if only they would start selling metal molds.... :thumbsup:

It is great news, isn't it? I just checked their website this morning to see if they started offering the 1 oz samples yet, but they haven't. They did say that it would take a little while to get it up and running again...so...I guess we'll have to wait. Yeah, too bad they don't offer metal molds...but...when we can get so much else there...I consider that to be a minor inconvenience. I'm so jealous that you can actually go there to pick up your supplies. It would be a 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me to do that but heck...I could plan to take that trip every so often just for the fun of it and to stock up.