Rebatch not Hardening

Sounds like you added way too much liquid. Set it out for a few weeks to dry, and do it again, but don't add any extra liquid. You're looking for a thick mashed potato consistancy in your microwaved soap, not a smooth pourable liquid. HTH

Sounds like you added way too much liquid. Set it out for a few weeks to dry, and do it again, but don't add any extra liquid. You're looking for a thick mashed potato consistancy in your microwaved soap, not a smooth pourable liquid. HTH

Yep. Fresh soap needs no additional liquid. Hey Bun, I've found that I can get it totally melted with boiling bags. You can knead them and squish the soap out. Does not dry out like micro rebatch and cannot burn.

Thanks! I did have that mashed potato thing going, but screwed it up I guess.

You can buy them online on some sites, but I use the bags that are meant for roasting (pot roast, etc) from the grocery store. Ziplocs will melt. These are made to stand up to the heat.

Shred the soap, put it the bag, tie it off and place in a pot of boiling water until it's melted. Knead, cut a corner and squeeze out. These were my prettiest, smoothest rebatches.

I added some sodium lactate to my HP to make it more pourable, then on top of no water discount, added extra coconut milk. This stuff was soupy and I didn't think it would ever harden up, but I also added the SL at the rate of one oz. per pound of oils and let me tell ya, it hardened those bars right up!:cheesy2: