outragious shipping

carol k

i ordered 21 of the samples from bcn and the shipping was estimated at $7.68 for a total of $28.68. well just got the receipt and the total amount was $36.73 that's $15.73 shipping, that's just bull shit i'm in indiana not in outerspace.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is outrageous! I got ripped off too with At Wix End they did the same to me. I ordered 10- 1 oz. samples and 1- 8 oz. bottle. It costs me $25.00 for the scents and the total including shipping was $43.00 that is way too much. I even sent them an email to make sure if everything was correct. Weight was 2.5 lbs. No reply. That's why I say you have to watch the shipping costs when they have a sale, because it is just passed onto the shipping.

they closed at 5:00 so i'll have to wait until monday. and no i would not have place the order if i had knowen the shipping was going to be $15.73.

I actually had this happen to me once. When I called, it was taken care of immediately. It ended up being a mix up--I think somehow I was charged twice. I wouldn't get too worked up yet. Be sure to call, not email. I would also ask for the shipping dept. ....the name on the UPS label (if that is how it was shipped to you.) HTH

The same exact thing happened to me at BCN. So, I feel for you! Email them, telling them to put your order on hold for now, till you talk to them. You can even go to their very active message board, I know the owners go on it daily/nightly. Good luck!

This is definately a mistake. BC now has priority mail shipping; it's for small orders up to 2 lbs. (21 samples is not two pounds) - the shipping is approx. $4-5 tops.

They have good customer service, I'm sure they'll fix the mistake. :highfive:

That is outrageous! I got ripped off too with At Wix End they did the same to me. I ordered 10- 1 oz. samples and 1- 8 oz. bottle. It costs me $25.00 for the scents and the total including shipping was $43.00 that is way too much. I even sent them an email to make sure if everything was correct. Weight was 2.5 lbs. No reply. That's why I say you have to watch the shipping costs when they have a sale, because it is just passed onto the shipping.

Did you call AWE to ask about the shipping? Emails get lost. Jenniffer is a lovely person, I'm sure if an error was brought to her attention, she'd get it fixed. I just hate to see a supplier ripped when follow through wasn't done by the buyer. It's your $$...go after it! I bought 20# of scent and it was just a little over $10 shipping. JMO, of course.

This is definately a mistake. BC now has priority mail shipping; it's for small orders up to 2 lbs. (21 samples is not two pounds) - the shipping is approx. $4-5 tops.

They have good customer service, I'm sure they'll fix the mistake. :highfive:

They have priority shipping on small orders but you have to SPECIFY IT IN WRITING in the "comments" section when ordering from their website OR they will automatically default to UPS shipping. i recently got reamed for shipping on about 1.5 lb worth of product because I foolishly assumed they would automatically ship the least expensive way possible. WRONG!!!:embarasse

The same thing happend to me some time ago ordering samples from Cierra candles. But I emailed them (after weighing the box and seeing the shipping rate on the stamp) and they refunded me the difference.

I guess.. they try... and if you don't complain.. they are ok.

I have a problem with Candlewic...

I wanted to get a case of wax (5055) from them because they are the only supplier that has it so I put it in the shopping cart and go to check out and the shipping was $36.73 or about 69% of the total cost of the wax which is $52.78. That is way to high. Any other supplier I order from the shipping is never over 20%. What up with them?

You know, some companies just rip you off on shipping as part of their normal business practices. However, when a company states shipping will be one price, and it turns out to be double what they approximate, then there's a real problem.

Two or three pounds--even five pounds of stuff does not cost $15 to ship. Like everyone else said, call them.

I have a problem with Candlewic...

I wanted to get a case of wax (5055) from them because they are the only supplier that has it so I put it in the shopping cart and go to check out and the shipping was $36.73 or about 69% of the total cost of the wax which is $52.78. That is way to high. Any other supplier I order from the shipping is never over 20%. What up with them?

I ordered a case of the 4045H and 2 additional 10 lb slabs of diff. waxes, which was about 70 lbs of wax, and my shipping was about $33.00, which was about half the cost of the wax. I priced it through UPS, since that is who they use, and my cost to ship would have been higher to ship the same distance, than what I paid them to ship to me. So to me, compared to what I have been paying elsewhere, and considering how far it is coming to me, it is pretty much in sync price wise.

Hi Carol,

Don't worry, nobody is trying to rip anyone off :) I saw this post so I logged into our system and checked your invoice and saw that there was a mistake on your invoice. The problem was not the shipping, it was that the office accidentally forgot to mark down the samples on the first page of your invoice to the sale price. So that resulted in your total being $7.55 over what it should have been. The actual UPS shipping was $8.96 on that package, and it was shipped out that same day and will arrive to you on Tuesday 8/1/06. The shopping cart cannot give exact shipping prices as it can only estimate what the weight of the final package will be, and we only charge exact UPS fees, we do not add any padding or processing fees at all. I don't believe the cart adds in all of the UPS fuel surcharges in it's estimates either, and unfortunately for all of us UPS has been fluctuating on that quite frequently :(

Anyway, we'll be happy to fix our mistake of course, and I apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience or upset. Please email me and let me know how you'd like this adjusted. We can either put that amount back on your credit card, or issue an in store credit, whichever you prefer. My email is Doneen@candlesupply.com. Anytime you have a problem with an order or think there may have been a mistake, please don't hesitate to contact our office directly and someone will always look into it and take care of it for you. Have a great weekend :)

My shipping from BCN on a 3 lb box of f/o samplers came to $8.56 and I received my order the day after I placed an order so I think I received great service. If you look on the invoice packed inside the box you should be able to tell the increased charges were the incorrect prices on the samplers and not the UPS charges. BCN has great service and is a great company to order from.