Vegan ????

I believe that's all there is to it, but there are a lot of animal products to consider (milk, beeswax, honey, etc.). Also for the sake of my own ethics I do not list products as vegan unless I know the raw materials I'm using have not been tested on animals by the manufacturer.

I believe that's all there is to it, but there are a lot of animal products to consider (milk, beeswax, honey, etc.). Also for the sake of my own ethics I do not list products as vegan unless I know the raw materials I'm using have not been tested on animals by the manufacturer.

Jenn is correct. Add silk to the list of non-vegan products.

thanks for the info guys how do you find out what has been tested on animals ?? do you just look for that in a suppliers list or is there a master list somewhere ??---- just curious it seems like it really helps sales to say that but I wouldn't want to say it unless it's true !!

Not tested on animals is a tricky thing. Even if your suppliers tell you their product is not tested on animals you won't know if the ingredients that go into thier products have been.

ETA: I was responsible for communicating with "concerned citizens" at one of my jobs and worked with the regulatory department on this issue. We did not test our products on animals, but because we could not vouch 100% for all our vendors we chose not to make a statement. When asked we would spell this out, but we did not label anything as such.

You can just say "we don't test on animals" or "finished product not tested on animals" it would be nearly impossible to verify every product you used that they did not, plus you don't know if the product they got from elsewhere was test on animals...

A true Vegan is an extremist.

Very true. My brother used to be one and it was a PITA! He read labels like crazy and his diet was severely limited. Now he is a vegetarian and it's much simpler. He still won't wear leather though, not even shoes.